Sorry Folks

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 11,041
the bug is well known... and yeah. i am not into...find the ip of the spammer, find him, sue him type. the efforts are not going to help anyone here. i need a decent mail form. just that.

sites were again down and the server guys tell me that as soon as i am suspended the usage goes 8 times. and he would kick me out. now what is going on, i have no freaking idea. 😛

Just not one of your happy weeks... moving from layeredhosting seems the only option , ofcourse you wud know better .! 🙂 There are a few discount coupons for dreamhost so u can get a new account there...

find me directadmin, and i might just move. its too troublesome to move many sites to another server with different backend. and i do like directadmin a lot more. the good thing is that clients and important sites are doing ok on other servers... maybe its time forum moved to its independenet package as well... i dont like to be the guy who is hated for being lazy and kanjoos. 🙂

reliabe directadmin hosts are harder to find 🙁

well i would have really appreciated a small two line email to all registered users telling them what the problem was and when the forum would be back online.Sudden disappearences like this without any information forthcoming is scary

umm their are 2200 registered members on this forum. and the database becomes in accessible as soon as the forum goes down.a better way is to contact me at my mail id. 🙂 or add me on messengers. i am more than accessible. you can ask a lot of guys here.

cant you like post a temp. message like "site Will be down for renovations...im getting married 🙂...come back after xx days "seriously,...something more formal...

if i have access to the server, it would be working dude. the site was down coz i was locked out. and i plan to not let that happen again. the problem was NOT DUE TO non payments. it was due to an attack on the server which overused resources. resources which my package consume in like 8 months.

why dont you just put a captcha on that form? It will stop automated emails being sent out from your server. I am sure there are a lot of free scripts out there which do it.

captcha is the way. nobody is going to waste time trying to circumvent a captcha. it's too damn time consuming 🙂

well. from what i know. the people who were misusing this particular flaw in the system were quite capable of getting beyond captcha.