nuggets, from the friendly neighborhood airtel guy

Originally posted by testsubjectalpha@Feb 16 2006, 10:36 AM
(ultra, 'their' and not 'there' (in some cases))

airtel's "laying" wires, but in a different way. since the trench work got done the last time they carves up the footpaths and the roads, now, they're digging vertically (down) and not horizontally. a hole, 5ft by 5ft maybe is made every 20 metres, and more cable fitted into their existing pipes. but i've only seen this in green park and hauz khas...
[snapback]42180[/snapback]
[/quote]

India has one thing that others dont i.e "Jugad" improviation,to make do with any thing.What airtel is doing ,this method,its not new it is widely used to dig holes Though vertically , for handpumps.Its not exactly airtel doing it they have contracted the work and labour is paid by the meter 50 bucks for one.Now its up to them how they do it.As it is they have to dig a hole to tap the line at various points so why not use that hole.

adn i thought i was the only person with wierd brains 😕

dont worry guys even today many govt offices dont have internet so thts point beside,airtel doesuse the tunneling machines where real long stetches need to be done and also that stretch has less taps to it,else the above method is used,even if the dslams are choking why dont the cust care xcept it that there is a problm on their side for no reason they''l arrange a visit from one of there guy's.What i managed one night was gr8 the data line was down i faught with the floor manager and what i came out with was a waiver to use the dial up line ,my work demand me to be online so i had to.They do garenti a 4hrs service for their VPS but no comments on the DATA LINE.What they do have for data line's is Reference Number's.

heh. my dad tells me his personal dialup connection in his personal office is faster than the broadband connection setup the entire office has... 🙂

Has to be!A 10 mbit shared between a hundred ppl would be slower than an individual's unshared 56k.

Originally posted by anirudhashish@Feb 17 2006, 08:55 AM
dont worry guys even today many govt offices dont have internet
[snapback]42275[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yeah? Well neither does Airtel Customer Care.... call them up and ask....

Wow Thats the END dude lol and i dont know what else seriously cool,but wait a sec guys thats good na airtel is not using up its own badwidth so that it can double it for us at night he he he he he

Originally posted by prathapml@Feb 17 2006, 03:39 PM
Has to be!
A 10 mbit shared between a hundred ppl would be slower than an individual's unshared 56k.
[snapback]42299[/snapback]
[/quote]

u think there are 100s of computers connected to the internet in a excise and taxation office? 😛

This thread has only made one pertinent point as far as i can see, in the North using Airtle is not as good as it is in the south of India. I used to avg 30GB/month every month since last June when i started with them, it's dropped since, avg maybe 15-20GB now. It's me thats dropped, not airtel slowing, there isnt that much of a hurry to get stuff as there used to be.About the modem, they dont have any obligation to provide one that can port forward. If you want such a thing go get your own.

I was abt to buy a D-Link 502T for my new airtel connection but then i discovered that they don't charge any modem rental for the unlimited packages. I was under the impression that i would be saving 99 bucks every month. So i started pestering them to give me a Dlink instead of beetel and at the time of booking the sales guy told me that it was indeed possible but surprise surprise later he conveniently told me that it was not in stock. So i ended up with a 220BX just like everybody else but atleast i managed to open ports for the p2p apps and it's working fine with my Netgear wifi router too. So am not complaining as of now (been just 4 hrs since my conn was setup 😛 ).

Yeah .. I Agree 200 % with the topic starter...

Their got damn modems dont even have Port forwarding (atleast on the bloody 220bx)

Damn guyz , i download so much in a month , that these @$$3$ have cut down on the speed's that im being provided on a frikkin 256k connection...

the thread i opened earlier over here

i do not get more than bloody 8-10 KBps both while downnloadin n uploading in browsers/FTP Clients (believe me i tried dozens of those apps) maybe its possible that they have blocked my speeds in HTTP/FTP..

i get normal speeds in torrents,ircs,p2ps etc .. this cud be bcoz the idiot's possibly do not know how to block speeds on these platforms... lol !!

Well , the bottomline is that AIRTEL SUCKS !

First of all the 220BX does have port forwarding settings. Maybe urs has an older firmware or somethin. Ask them for a replacement.Secondly if ur getting 8-10kBps on a 256K line then u can lodge a complaint since they guarantee min 128k (16kBps) for a 256k connection.

Originally posted by waterloo_sunset@Mar 10 2006, 12:49 AM
First of all the 220BX does have port forwarding settings. Maybe urs has an older firmware or somethin. Ask them for a replacement.

Secondly if ur getting 8-10kBps on a 256K line then u can lodge a complaint since they guarantee min 128k (16kBps) for a 256k connection.
[snapback]44082[/snapback]
[/quote]

u tell me how many complaints do i lodge :mellow:

cuz i already call them atleast 5-6 times a day with the same got damn problem & they give me the same ghisa-pita solutiiion - reboot modem & comp lol..

neway... i dont care for the modem as i can always go to the local mall & get a good router on my own.... 😛 , its just that they shud give what the say...

insist on custcare holding the line and waiting till reboot then check the speed then tell him,then insist on a visit by engi and do take a ref num for the same.ne call do take a ref num.Insist on the exec telling u what complain he has written in his form