Setting up Vonage with BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter temptemptemp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 67,135
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600](C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.C:\Documents and Settings\samba>ipconfig /allWindows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : ABCDE Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : YesEthernet adapter Wireless Network Connection 2: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Netgear WG511v2 54 Mbps Wireless PCCard Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-14-6C-8F-9B-67 Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.2 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1 DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 208.67.220.220 208.67.222.222 Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, March 05, 2010 07:34:23 Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, March 06, 2010 07:34:23C:\Documents and Settings\samba>

hey, i have been through all the steps explained above,

mine is BSNL dial up modem named Nokia SEIMENS NETWORK on it. its a residential router 1600 model.

I have a dial up connection through pppoe .

i have connected vonage according to the instructions,

blue cable from adsl model to vonage V-portal adapter.

the yellow cable from v-portal adapter to the laptop, even i have tried connection yellow cable directly from adsl modem to laptop.

i have disabled wireless connections

thats the basic settings i have done and didnt connect anything else.....

i got an error msg saying You have reached this page in error...

can you helpme out of this,

and i bought it in UK, paying for the last 3 months but unable connect
:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

plssssssssssss help

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

hey, i have been through all the steps explained above,

mine is BSNL dial up modem named NOKIA SEIMENS NETWORK on it. its a residential router 1600 model.

I have a dial up connection through pppoe .

i have connected vonage according to the instructions,

blue cable from adsl model to vonage V-portal adapter.

the yellow cable from v-portal adapter to the laptop, even i have tried connection yellow cable directly from adsl modem to laptop.

i got an error msg saying You have reached this page in error...
and the status message on v-portal adapter is RETRIEVING PROFILE with internet connected symbol on top

can you helpme out of this,

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

plssssssssssss help

Hi, I got the vonage adapter model: vdv21-vd and i got the the BSNL broadband ul750 plan with teracom modem provided by Bsnl. The tech. guy from BSNL made pppoe settings in the modem i don't have to login again and again so i hooked up the adapter with the modem and it connect successfully but the problem i am facing is that i cannot make calls or receive as it get blanks after a ring while making a call and when i get a call same thing happens it rings but when i pick up the phone it goes blank.Sometimes it works fine but that is once in a blue moon. Anyone have any idea what should i do to make it works fine? i can upgrade the plan if needed

router.access Vonage modem settings:Ip address ; 192.168.15.1ID router PW router.check connection status.Check whether telephone is set in PULSE or Tone mode.

Dear Techies, Need some help with setting up my vonage device that I brought from US. I thought it will be as simple as "plug and play" deal but it is not. My vonage device it is not working. When I try to connect it says, " It will be ready in few minutes" but then nothing happens. No Dial Tone, nothing I am not a very skilled comp. guy but yes I can understand and follow the instructions very well. So, please help me set up my vonage device so that my parents can use it when I go back. I have: 1. BSNL DataOne plan (256kps to 2mbps and 1 Gb access) plan2. Modem with inbuilt wirelss router Siemens SL2-141 (exactly what it says on the device) - let me know if it is toooo old of a device. I have it since 2007. 3. Vonage aadapter4. FYI- wireless works great. Please help!!!!! Thanks a lot.

@chaithubtech

mine is BSNL dial up modem named Nokia SEIMENS NETWORK on it. its a residential router 1600 model.

I have a dial up connection through pppoe ..
Advanced options WAN line 0_35 EDIT
uncheck box "bridging' select PPPoE next
Enter/store your USERID/PW in the wan page etc
SAVE REBOOT
In LAN page Enable DHCP give range say 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.10
you can enable it and use wifi with any security key.

and the status message on v-portal adapter is RETRIEVING PROFILE with internet connected symbol on top
All the three icons should appear
left "Telephone" Icon middle "Monitor"(Internet) right "Globe"
The IP address to access Vonage : Not needed now later.
confirm the Phone number of Vonage is U.S number or U.K Number ? Do you have working Vonage Number ?

Para two:
(a) Check my "STICKY" post WA3002_g4 quick reference guide, for screenshots etc for SL2 _141.

(b)Once Vonage Phone works) only Sl2_141 + vonage Unit can be kept on for H24.
Laptop/desktop as and when required.

(c) The dark blue cable when connected to laptop ethernet port
(Rj45) needs LAN set up in computer. Not needed to simplify matters.
If LAN port is to be used WIFI has to be disabled In Network connections.
(d) See Post No 52. etc
https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/3686-setting-up-vonage-with-bsnl/5/#post365223
(e)
When you lift the VOIP phone do you hear any audio error message ?
or the Dialtone of Vonage ?

Feedback.

Thanks much essbebeb. however my vonage is still not working. I read your post #52 but the ip for vonage is not working. I think I don't have a dial-up connection. When I turn on the power of my BSNL (siemens sl2-141) router, DSL (yellow light) turns on and stays solid throughout the session. Then WLAN green turns on and blinks as if it is dialing a number. when it is connected, the internet green light blinks (no pattern). WLAN greeen light keeps blinking like continiuosly dialing something. I checked, my net throuhg LAN and wi-fi works fine. Can I give you call to get your expert guidance and get this damn thing going. I need to talk to my company folk very urgently. I need to someone to guide me over the phone or something as me being a civil engineer don't know in and out of this. BSNL folks are useless. They never heard about vonage (at least that's what they say) and sent to cable guys who showed up with a new landline (phone) instrument to replace. I was just quiet.... back in US the connection is very simple. I did it my self... no rocket science. Model>> Vonage. But here it is a nightmare. please please help me!!! - Saurabh Shukla

I checked, my net through LAN and wi-fi works fine.
Start Select RUN
type cmd
OK
New window
Type ipconfig /all

Copy/Paste only the LAN DATA .

Para two :
Procedure to set up Vonage : simplified:

Sl2-141
See WA3002-G4 quick reference "STICKY" thread above.
Select Chennai Link for screen shots.
Enter 192.168.1.1 in browser address bar.
UserID admin PW admin
In Advanced options:
LAN
(a)
Enable DHCP enter 192.168.1.2 to say 192.168.1.10
SAVE Reboot. Wait for two minutes.
(b)
Transfer Rj45 cable from computer LAN port to Vonage unit.
(c)
Connect Long Dark Blue cable from Vonage to Computer >
(d)
Switch on SL2-141 Vonage MTA and computer.
(e)
Do you get connected to Internet ?

(f)
Do you see all three icons in Vonage LCD screen ?
LEFT "telephone icon " middle "Monitor" icon right " Globe"
Month Date and U.S time also should appear.
( You know it as you have used earlier in U.S)
(g)
Watch any error message which appears. report here.

(h)
When you lift the Telephone Do you hear the Vonage dial tone ?
(i)
or do you hear a recorded lady's voice ?
(j)
Hope you have a U.S Vonage number allotted to you.
Send Private Message giving your Vonage number./local number ( std code ). Time convenient for you for contact
( except during T20 cricket B/C I may be available on Internet also!/Phone/ VOnageVOIP Phone )
I will dial on my Vonage setup and get the error message.if any.

Feedback Item wise please.

PS: It is all Automatic with Vonage. ( provided you have not changed the settings ). You may be asked to restart modem Vonage unit as applicable.

thanks essbebe, the username and password you sent donot work ie.admin and admin. when i checked the properties of my network by right clicking on it, DHCP is enabled. the vonage device i have does nto have a LCD so I can't see the error message. No Dial tone, nothing. my vonage device is VDV22-VD i have window 7 professional, hence i can't see run.

thanks essbebe,

the username and password you sent donot work ie.admin and admin.

when i checked the properties of my network by right clicking on it, DHCP is enabled.

the vonage device i have does nto have a LCD so I can't see the error message. No Dial tone, nothing. my vonage device is VDV22-VD

i have window 7 professional, hence i can't see run.

Confirm your computer works in LAN mode with RJ45 connected to ethernet port.
WIFI mode confirmed earlier.

In Windows 7 Start : Search Box RUN
then select.

Click Task Bar Properties==>>window>>> click customize==

New window
Scroll down
Enable RUN Box.
Save.

2. Router if admin admin or admin PW password does not open the modem. menu items. try user password
or support password.
Still problem You may have to RESET to factory settings. etc.
( access hole bottom of unit small round hole) or in rear of unit. All settings have to be made again. >

To access Vonage settings.
Id router Password router.

Check connection status.

4. In my set up changed like this:
Modem( DHCP enabled )==>>> Netgear wgr614 Wifi router=>>
WifI ~~~~ laptop
From Lan1 of wifi router Rj45 to Vonage modem

Phone working.
Ensure your Sl2-141 connects to Internet in BOTH LAN
Ethernet port ) and wifi mode.

Did you unplug the Vonage router while its doing frimware upgrade? Vonage does push frimware to its devices from time to time and if there is power outage during that time it may some times corrupt the frimware or account settings. Connect the vonage router directly behind modem and call Vonage and ask them to check the settings... Hope this fixes the issue.

Hi I am planning to vist pune for couple of weeks.As i got the permission to work from home.I asked my friends to apply for a bsnl home plan.I am not sure which plan will support vonage.Do i need static IP Address.Appriciate your valuable comments on this

Hi

I am planning to vist pune for couple of weeks.As i got the permission to work
from home.I asked my friends to apply for a bsnl home plan.I am not sure
which plan will support
vonage.Do i need static IP Address
.Appriciate your valuable comments on this
(A)
Minimum 256 Kbps speed plan will do . ANY BB ISP. STatic IP not needed.
Connect in "Always On"PPPoE mode
If Vonage unit is working in Chennai , will work elsewhere also.

(B)
You may check up Additional Prepaid plan to use in Pune or anywhere in India ,
if for a short period. ( similar to Sancharnet Dialup connection. Use same USERID/PW
anywhere in India in a BSNL Landline Telephone )
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
Condition. There should be a BSNL landline connection available.
Your friends save the cost of a new connection installation security deposit etc.
Take your own mode/router.
Feedback.

(A)
Minimum 256 Kbps speed plan will do . ANY BB ISP. STatic IP not needed.
Connect in "Always On"PPPoE mode
If Vonage unit is working in Chennai , will work elsewhere also.

(B)
You may check up Additional Prepaid plan to use in Pune or anywhere in India ,
if for a short period. ( similar to Sancharnet Dialup connection. Use same USERID/PW
anywhere in India in a BSNL Landline Telephone )
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
Condition. There should be a BSNL landline connection available.
Your friends save the cost of a new connection installation security deposit etc.
Take your own mode/router.
Feedback.