• Thread starter Thread starter vebk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 14,142

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
Contemplating selling off our 5-year-old Hyundai Accent and buying something else. Would be grateful if anyone has any insight on the following questions I have.

1) What would be a reasonable price to expect for the Accent after fixing it up and servicing it + repairing minor paint dings, dents etc.?
2) Where/Who would be the best place to sell it to (in Delhi)?
3) I have heard that the cars with the best mileage are Honda City and Maruti Alto. Is that really the case? If so, if anyone owns either of these cars, what is the in-city mileage you get, and how much does the mileage depriciate over the yeras?
4) With mileage being the prime factor, would diesel cars be a better choice? Is it much more expensive to maintain a diesel car as opposed to its petrol variant?
5) Does anyone here own an ambassador? What's the mileage of that car?

think of maruti swift.good mileage+looks+cost effective.

It looks good from the side, but the back looks quite awful.... what's the mileage like though?(Also, if you own one, don't you find the rear passenger windows to be tiny?)

swift and good mileage? neh.india's best mileage car was zen diesel. no longer available.in lower range, maruti alto is the way to go. zen is rumored to be phased out sometime this year.in middle range, ford fiesta is supposed to be kicking accent crdi ass.in higher range, no competition to octavia tdi.

and they broght the downfall of ZEn themselves.//////such an ugly look now

Originally posted by Sushubh@Feb 10 2006, 10:30 PM
swift and good mileage? neh.

india's best mileage car was zen diesel. no longer available.
in lower range, maruti alto is the way to go. zen is rumored to be phased out sometime this year.
in middle range, ford fiesta is supposed to be kicking accent crdi ass.
in higher range, no competition to octavia tdi.
[snapback]41768[/snapback]
[/quote]

do u know the avg of swift dude its more than 14lpkm and that is quite good if u compare them with other cars.i agree with u abt alto giving good avg but swift cannot be ignored.

i dont think 14kmpl counts as good mileage on a car of swift's size. ok it might be better than accent petrol but that's not the point. its not good value for money in the longer run. you would be better off with esteem which would give more mileage with a bigger size.

Bigger size in what manner. how many people can esteem accomodate. is it more than swift or same. and what abt the cost of esteem dude its more than swift i think. so for me its Swift better than esteem and alto.

14 kmpl is pretty bad considering that you get more than that out of a new Accent.... our Accent is giving us 9 or 10 kmpl now after 5 driver-driven years.... I sat in a (parked) swift the other day.... not impressed..... not much leg room.... tiny rear passenger windows, tiny rear windows, and quite big in terms of the exterior space it takes... feels pretty solid though....

i am seriously planning to get myself a regular Alto Lxi next month. Wanted to wait for CrDI Getz but I am sure it would be out of my budget anyways. 🙂

still ready to spend more. then go for maruti esteem vxi