They deleted some packages?

• Thread starter Thread starter knak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,099

knak

Regular
Since i like to play some games i am kind stuck to sifyAlso the installation money ,..alot of money is another reason why i dont take Airtel yet.Now. tomorrow is my 48+ package expiring and i am about to renew it but.. there aint a 48+ package anymore?!!? ( the unlimited one )Im afraid that theres this oh-so-pathetic 6 hours limit on them...what is SickFy doing?! :angry:

no packages have 6 hrs limit from what i heard from the sify customer care chandigarh.

Installtion money is a bif factor that keeps u sticking..Ipaid 2000 Rs as installation and Rs 500 for LAN card 2 years back.......and the no part is refundable. I pay 100-150 as service charge a month.....and wat is get are breaking pings a lot of time.....tired of complaining to my cto and sify

the 48 Kbps package is still there just chek out the site
http://sifybroadband.com/bb_ulpack.html

and they dont hav any 6 hr limit now , what they do hav is 75mb limit,lol.
but after 9pm ur new limit will be set adn u can download as much as ur speeds alllow till 9 in the mornin but it will make ur speed to 2-3kbps for the time b4 9 pm. 🙁

confusing????? yes it is 😛

This is such a disgusting thingWhether u have 96 or 48kbps, some guy like me will always hit the datalimit, and then it goe slower again....so basically, u can just take this 48kbps package, they mislead u with teh speed...Just do it this waysome1 downloads full day on 48 package some1 does it on 96see what the difference will be after the whole day download..and see if this difference is worth the extra money for the 96 package

well, 256kbps package with 1 Gig data transfer limit 🙂 . what do you expect to do in that? all packages of sify except the night one are crap.

Well u said it rite there is practicallyt no difference in downloaded data at the end of the day so i will stik to the 48kbps package when i renew my account or switch to reliance.(hehe my BA frm sify said that he wuld be takin reliamce and VSNL's affliation) am i lucky or what 🙂

Heh I think you should take the upto 48kbps pack for 450, I see no difference in the speeds it has and the speeds the higher unlimited pack offers ...

I have tried that 2 GB limit acc . It doesnt says proper speed in acc info but i was getting 450 KB/s in download with that 😉

Originally posted by ultra vires@Dec 23 2004, 02:14 PM
the 48 Kbps package is still there just chek out the site
http://sifybroadband.com/bb_ulpack.html

and they dont hav any 6 hr limit now , what they do hav is 75mb limit,lol.
but after 9pm ur new limit will be set adn u can download as much as ur speeds alllow till 9 in the mornin but it will make ur speed to 2-3kbps for the time b4 9 pm. 🙁

confusing????? yes it is 😛
[snapback]3626[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes ! Does that mean that the 75 MB limit is applicable only during day time ? Don't think it will be, just hoping against hope.

Once the speed it cut, after how many will they reset it to normal speed ?

i told ya it sounds complicated 😛and bout the limits, they get reset at 9:05 pm and u can download at 7k as much as u want till 9AM

What I think happens is that we start downloading at night and cross the 75 MB limit so our speeds are brought down for the whole of the next day. And even if we continue to download at those low speeds our speeds are normalised after around 24 hrs that is the next night.

... And a certain member was telling that if we continue downloading > 75MB for a couple of days, our speeds get capped for a week. Thats the nature of these dastardly limits it seems 🙂