Account renewal problem

inetbum

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 30, 2004
Sify moved one notch up in its annoying behaviour for me. I got a call from its rep around 20 Jan for account renewal with the notification that from now onwards the renewal amount will be directly collected by an agent of Sify instead of someone from the local CTO. I gave my consent for renewal but no one comes to collect the money and hasn't till today! And instead what they're doing is refusing to log me in showing "Account Expired"! And no resolution of the problem despite 5 phone convos with their blighted CC.So Sify isn't bothered about collecting money or delivering service. I wonder why is it up and running?? Had enough with Sify and now going to dump it in favour or MTNL/Airtel DSL because they are finally here in my neighbourhood and Sify just stepped on my last nerve.

humm

YoYo!
Regulars
Oct 8, 2005
Do one thing to the Local Cable wala and ask if he can renuew your accounts, though sify has appointed agents all are lazy fools.I still goto my cable wala for renuwal.

Decius

Regulars
Feb 27, 2005
New Delhi
Even i do my renewals thorough CTOs only. Call up ur CTO, they can still renew ur account. Sify is plain stewpid.

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
I do thru Online only......and save the monthly Service Charges as well

amogh_gulwady

Viking Warrior
Regulars
Dec 17, 2004
LOL, their online site where they ask for the credit card number is not even a secure HTTP site, leave alone 128 bit SSL encryption... Do it at your own risk.

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Apr 3, 2005
I think SifyMall is secure. Nad I have been doing online renewals for quite some time.

bigbaloon

Jan 23, 2006
Originally posted by boygr8@Feb 7 2006, 11:04 PM
I do thru Online only......and save the monthly Service Charges as well
[snapback]41646[/snapback]
[/quote]

u r lucky. Here even if i renew online the cable wala comes to my place to collect the maintenance charge and if i dont give him then he disconnects me from the switch.
so its better to renew throuw the cable wala.

humm

YoYo!
Regulars
Oct 8, 2005
this is open "gundagardi" ... I really feel like beating that cablewala.

bigbaloon

Jan 23, 2006
yes even i feel so but cant do anything . they r having the support of some big politician no way out but to pay the extra CTO charges.