• Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4,158
Status
Not open for further replies.

vkat

Colossal
ISP
Airtel
Friends I am using RIL since past 5 years without any major problem. But, since past 1.5 years I am looking for some Good handset (I am using Nokia 6265). My requirements are very simple :-1) Handset should be easy to use like Nokia;2) Bluetooth must work properly (Push to Talk);3) good quantity of Contact storage;4) Must have Key-Pad;5) Last but not the least Good Battery Backup.Sorry to know that RIL have no such handset since long. I tried Samsung, LG, Moto but all are of no use (they might be good for other then mobile users). Blackbarry is not value for money priced too high for nothing.So, I just want to know should to stick to RIL and wait for number portability or switch to some GSM as RIL-GSM still in testing phase and no one know future. If I should switch over to GSM what should I go for? Airtel, BSNL or...?I do not have much time as my 6265 is giving problems and cannot survive more then 3 months from now (June 09 Max).I appriciate all your time and efforts so Thanks in advance.

DONT GO FOR NY RIL PRODUCT, GSM IS HORRIBLE, YOU WILL GET YOUR CALL AFTER TEN ATTEMPTS. SO YOU DECIDE. NOW SERVICE OF AIRTEL AND VODAFONE IS THE BEST.:yahoo:

best gsm in india are idea, Vodafone & Airtel

Nokia and cdma... nokia recently signed on a deal with qualcomm. and i think we would see nokia expand their cdma devices in the coming years. but it would still take time for the new phones to appear in the market. but one thing is clear. nokia has realized that they cannot stay out of the cdma market and they are now making amends.

Nokia and cdma...

nokia recently signed on a deal with qualcomm. and i think we would see nokia expand their cdma devices in the coming years. but it would still take time for the new phones to appear in the market.

but one thing is clear. nokia has realized that they cannot stay out of the cdma market and they are now making amends.

Thank you for the news 🙂 I wish Nokia will come with new CDMA Handsets before its too late (at least for me). As I do not want to loose my number and Number Portability is Dream as of now 🙁 Otherwise I inquired from Nokia Web Site and received reply too (lucky me) that they are not introducing any new CDMA in near future 🙁

So, What you suggest? Should I wait or go for GSM right away? And if I should switch over to GSM should I go for Airtel?

ty

First of all sorry for double posting But I wanted to know everyone what happened when I contacted CC using e-mail...check yourself :hysterical:

My 1st e-mail :-
Dear Sirs,

This is more then a year now and we fail to understand why there is no good handset with RIL since long? The last Good Handset was Nokia 6265 and I am having the same. The same is on your website but vanished from market as well as from all web worlds. Can you please let us know if there will be any good handset from Nokia as good as 6265 is going to come? We have tried all others \"Samsung, LG & Moto but they are nothing more then junk. As far as Blackberry and HTC is concern they are way over priced and not value for money.

Sir, we have already wasted more then Rs. 50,000 on other then Nokia handsets and not ready to waste more money for trials. Hence, Please do not suggest anything else then Nokia.

If RIL is not coming out with some Nokia handset in compare to 6265 we are sorry but we will be forced to opt for some other GSM mobile services against our wishes.

For your information we are having 6 Postpaid and 1 Prepaid mobiles and 2 landlines of RIL.

Waiting for your quick and prompt reply. Please do not ask to call at *222 or *333 as they are nothing more then puppets.

PS: If you can provide us New Box pack Nokia 6265 please arrange to send 3 New Handsets we will pay online.

Thank you

1st reply from CC

Dear Customer,
In response to your mail regarding Handset issue, please note that for the details of handset available with us we request you to kindly visit the below mentioned URL:

http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communications/Handset/mobile.jsp

Yours sincerely,

My 2nd e-mail

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your quick and prompt reply. As per your given URL I found that Nokia 6265 is available with RIL. Please let me know from where I can buy these handsets? I will be highly obliged.

2nd Reply from CC

Dear Customer,
In response to your mail regarding Handset issue, we request you to visit the nearest Reliance Communication outlet, one of our executives will assist you there for the same.

Please find the list of Reliance Communication outlet attached herewith for your ready reference.

Yours sincerely,

My 3rd mail

Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I was not expecting this reply in e-mail. So, either you have not gone through my first e-mail or you are also a dummy like *222 and *333 support. Hence, I am writing once again in Bold letter to make you understand.

NO NOKIA HANDSET IS AVAILABLE AS GOOD AS 6265 SINCE PAST ONE YEAR OR SO ON ANY OF THE WEBWORLD IN INDIA.
IF AVAILABLE (AS YOU SUGGESTED) PLEASE LET ME KNOW A SPECIFIC CONFIRMED PLACE I CAN BUY 6265 OR HIGHER NOKIA HANDSET.

Sorry, but I can not be more clear then above. Looking forward to hear from you. Please do write after confirming all details.

Its around 10 day now and no reply :wall:

I think I should opt for some other GSM as RIL seems to be wastage of money. Waiting for your suggestions friends 🙂

yeap reliance have terrible mobile phones. the cheap ones are crap when compared to options available on tata indicom. too bad Nokia is not coming out with many cdma phones. tata has the nokia model which is like 3-4 years old and is being sold for 9000 bucks! it is not even worth 4000 bucks today in the retail market otherwise.

GO FOR AIRTEL OR VODAFONE, THIS WILL SURELY SATISFY YOU IN ALL ASPECTS! I FACED SAME PROBLEM WITH RIL, NOW I AM USING VODAFONE WITH FULL OF SATISFACTION.
ALL THE BEST.😀

Thank you friends for taking time and suggesting me. I think its wastage of time and money to be with Rcom anymore. I should go for GSM right away as Portability is still a dream in India.@Admin: You are right 99.9% CDMA handsets are way over priced and no use of wasting money.So, should I go for Airtel ? as no other GSM is doing that good in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.