TATA Indicom Fair Usage Policy (TCISL FUP)

• Thread starter Thread starter buBleZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 75,633
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taadaa!!Another one joins! I dont understand any logic of imposing "Fair Usage Policy" on 64kbps account. What bandwidth of others can such account consume?!Anyway 45GB for 256kbps is still reasonable compared to Airtel's.

Corporate greed is a wonderful thing. Its better than Airtel by a long way but still not good!😡

may be they are doing it step by step. first start implementing policy but keep limit high enough, so noone complains. and then oneday drop the bomb!

I was just about to post this...

Have a look at this:

It's definitely much better than Airtel but finally it's a FUP. I am damn sure that all the remaining ISPs in India will follow. 😕

They are treating customers paying higher as UNFAIR people.Look at this256k - 45GB limit512k - 80GB limit1Mb - 90GB limit2Mb - 105GB limitwhich means more speed u get = more u pay them = more u become UNFAIR for them because they limit ur surfing even more!!

TCISL FUP is "applicable to all existing and future unlimited plans", so that means folks on prepaid time-based plans with NU add-on are not affected. Supposedly.

I think a nice way to frame this issue and compare the various ISPs is to calculate the maximum data that can be downloaded on a given connection and then present the Fair Usage Limit as a percentage of that, e.g.

for 256 kbps; average case scenario :
256kbps *
0.9 (average due to TRAI latitude of 20% in speed) *
0.9(TCP overhead) *
3600(hour) *
24(day) *
30(month)
/ 8bits / 1024kB =
65610 MB.
So, 45000 MB represents a limit of 68.6%. Not ideal, but could be worse.

for 384kbps; limit is 71.1%
for 512kbps; limit is 60.9%
for 1024kbps; limit is 34.3%
for 2048kbps; limit is 20.0%
for 4096kbps; limit is 11.9%

in tata most disguisting is that they will not reduce speed after you cross the FUP limit but will suspend account permanently:evil:

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Despite the above, if the customer fails to upgrade to a high speed plan or continue to violate the TCISL FUP, TCISL reserves the right to suspend or terminate the customer’s account immediately without prejudice to other rights available to TCISL under these Terms and Conditions.:wall::wall:

Great.. We are in 21st century.. India will surly develop..

Status
Not open for further replies.