• Thread starter Thread starter mario_a
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,114

mario_a

Regulars
ISP
MTNL 590 NU
I used to get automatically disconnected at around 12:00 AM every night without fail, but I have noticed that this has not been happening since the past few days.Any one else notice this ?

I'm finding the same problem..........even at 8 in the morning it dosen't disconnect............as i surf in the morning and even download at that time after 8 I'm being charged for the entire time that I sat from the morning............OHHHH 😱 ........very bad.........I've even tried complaining them at 1504 and told them the problem but of no use ........the technical guyes called me up and told me to contact 24334418 and talk to Mr.Dilip reguarding this thing.........no one answered the call.........i'll try calling them today..........u also try it out..

sevmamra, this is not really a problem for me, since I have a scheduled task set up to disconnect at 12 AM and 8 AM. So, I don't rely on MTNL to disconnect for me.I suggest you do the same.

Originally posted by mario_a@Feb 3 2006, 11:11 AM
sevmamra, this is not really a problem for me, since I have a scheduled task set up to disconnect at 12 AM and 8 AM. So, I don't rely on MTNL to disconnect for me.

I suggest you do the same.
[snapback]41233[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi,
I'm not aware about this thing...............could tel me this thing.........waiting or ur reply..........even yesterdaay they had calculated the whole bytes that I used in the unlimited hours..........

😱
I had logged in the morning At 6 and had ShutDown my comp by 8.15 but forgot to unplug the modem............I unplugged the modem by 9.30 am ...................and when I logged in at 10am to see the usage they hads deducted my MB that I had used in the unlimited time...........it showed usage from 6am to 9.30am.

Originally posted by sevmamra@Feb 4 2006, 07:06 AM
Hi,
I'm not aware about this thing...............could tel me this thing.........waiting or ur reply
Basically, you need to do 3 things :

1) Configure your router to use bridged mode. See these threads for the details on how to do that :

If you have a DSL 502T router follow these instructions to configure bridged mode :
https://broadband.forum/Possible_solution...blem-t1730.html

If you have a UTstarcom UT-300R2U router follow these instructions to configure bridged mode :
https://broadband.forum/index.php?showtop...=49304%EF%BF%BD

2) Create a new network connection to use MTNL to connect to the internet. This is explained in the above thread as well.

3) Set up a scheduled task to run the following program with these parameters at 12 AM, and 8 AM :

Code:
rasdial MTNL_Triband /DISCONNECT
where "MTNL_Triband" is the name of the connection you created in Step 2 (You can use any name you like).

Let me know if you need any more info.

QUOTE(mario_a @ Feb 4 2006, 11:42 PM) [snapback]41365[/snapback]
Basically, you need to do 3 things :

1) Configure your router to use bridged mode. See this thread for the details on how to do that : https://broadband.forum/Possible_solution...blem-t1730.html

2) Create a new network connection to use MTNL to connect to the internet. This is explained in the above thread as well.

3) Set up a scheduled task to run the following program with these parameters at 12 AM, and 8 AM :

Code:
rasdial MTNL_Triband /DISCONNECT
where \"MTNL_Triband\" is the name of the connection you created in Step 2 (You can use any name you like).

Let me know if you need any more info.
[/b]

I hv switched to the Bridge mode and everything is working fine. I m able to disconnect using rasdial. But the problem is tht I m unable to connect using rasdial.

I m using the following command in the scheduled tasks

rasdial MTNL, username, password

username is my phone no. and the password is the CA no.

Can u plz help me???

QUOTE(fonzie @ Jul 8 2006, 04:27 AM) [snapback]55300[/snapback]
I m able to disconnect using rasdial. But the problem is tht I m unable to connect using rasdial.

I m using the following command in the scheduled tasks

rasdial MTNL, username, password[/b]

Sorry there's an error in the syntax. There should be no commas. The correct command is :

Code:
rasdial MTNL username password
Try it, it should work.

QUOTE(mario_a @ Jul 8 2006, 02:35 PM) [snapback]55339[/snapback]
Sorry there's an error in the syntax. There should be no commas. The correct command is :

Code:
rasdial MTNL username password
Try it, it should work.
[/b]

Thanks Everything is fine now.