SpectraNET Tariff

a friend of mine in prashanth vihar is very happy with his spectranet connection. i am currently posting from that ISP. 🙂

well I am waiting for MTNL/BSNL to start their services......for time being i am with sifyIt's my local network which gives me more problems rather than sify......except i find sify a bit xpensive.....And I have a bad news for myself......my CTO(the sify one) has tied up with Reliance as well and has purchased hotwire in my area as well ......so i cant really get rid of him....he's gonna monoplize here..🙁

infact that is good. u can chose between 3 providers without paying extra. many people i know have this kind of network.

well in a way its good..bcoz i wont have to pay any installation charges if i switch to reliance from sify......Moreover i can easily keep switching from reliance to sify and vice versa....But bad part is he has monopoly now....so he has bcom more rigid on service charges.....and is providing poorer network maintenance bocz he know there is no competition in the area.....may be when airtel and MTNL come....things wud get better

i think ur lucky, far lucky than me as u get 2 choose b\w diff. ISP evry different month and can choose finally the one which suits u, though maintenace can be a factor but overall the whole situation is in ur favour, i wuld hav loved to hav that freedom of switchin b\w different ISP's so that i can get what i want. maybe this is the best way that broadband can move ahead in this country. bcoz im sick of payin the installation charges evry time i move frm one ISP to ther other , and to finally find out that my new ISP isnt any better than my previous one ,it kind of sux's.

why are you worried about a monopoly?Reliance is going to provide its own TV, internet and phone. From what Reliance told me, they are probably not going to go through ctos.Airtel gives its own dsl internet line. It also does not go through ctos.Only cable internet companies will go through your cto. So where does the question of monopoly come in?And if you have airtel in your area, dump your cable internet connection.

i know that airtel and mtnl will provide their adsl services via telephone wires....But regarding reliance....my cto told me that they had a tie up with reliance and r expecting reliance's internet around feb 2005.....and i also heard that reliance has agreed upon cto model...Reliance has even laid down optic fibres thru my colony....i have seen reliance's fibres being laid out on major streets but they laid fibres in our colony also about 6 months backAirtel has started providng about 3-4 km from my home....wud reach here soon.So i am gonna see real competiton from feb/marchSify,Reliance,MTNL,Airtel....all there

i am hoping airtel would drop rates after reliance or bsnl comes. the package i applied for costing me 2200 for a 256kbps.