• Thread starter Thread starter almon
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 30,837

almon

Regular
ISP
Airtel
I want to make voip calls without pc. I know about skype phones..but It is tied to skype .Is there any alternative solution ??:cool2: is anybody using it??

can u please clarify me some points...1.Do any voip service will work with this ATA ??2.From where in india I can get it(ATA),is ata cheap in usa??3.Do I have to subscribe to SIP server for using this??4.do IP telephone works on same concept ??5.What are the requirement for this set up ?? If there is any article,link on this then please share with me.I m completely new to this,so pls forgive me for any mistake.🙂

1. Yes most of them will work unless blocked by ISP2. Available at most computers shops in a decent computer market3. Yes, if u wanna call landlines/mobiles4. Yes most of them do use SIP5. Google - dont ask to be spoon fed.

@cyberwizIts bad that instead of helping others u are saying that no spoon feed.Let me tell you,before coming to this forum I researched a lot with google.U can see that I was able to know about SIP,IP telephone's,ATA with google only.But I was not able to found any user within india(in other countries there were many) so I thought u people might be great help to me as u belong to same country.Anyways,It doesnt matter, I may have land up in wrong placeAlmon

@cyberwiz
Anyways,It doesnt matter, I may have land up in wrong place
Almon

If after answering so many of ur questions u still think that u have not been helped, u have certainly landed at the wrong place

A help was attached with a unnecessary advice. Dude, I landed here(in this forum) after google search only.

guys, Google is a big tool to find any thing. You just need to provide proper parameters to search intensively. Search using "ATA 10L FXO VOIP device" and you will definately get results. ThanksPrivilege

1. i'm planning to buy a US number. is it legal?2. using skype this can be achieved.i take a subscription to call US/canada nos. free for 12 months (they have FUP here too but no more than 6 hrs a day or 10,000 min / month, so i'm fine with it 😀) @ $ 26.55secondly i buy a US no. which costs $ 60 / annum but they a discount for people who already have a subscription which makes the cost half to $ 30 / annumso the total cost is $ 56.55 / annum which is about rs. 235 / monththe advantage (other than easy skype-skype communication) is unltd calling to US/canada & a US no. that my relatives can also call me for cheap / free (they have unltd night & week end minutes)i have to invest for a skype cordless phone or skype wifi phone.am i missing something?3. is this offer reasonable or there are better deals? (i could find no other deal better than this) also the quality of skype is excellent.with fring i can use a skype unltd subscription but the problem is that my relatives wont be able to call me

U can have the same set-up with a VoIP adapter as well..will cost u around 2500 bucks but will free u totally from the computer (for config comp needed ofcourse)Besides, u can install a SIP client on ur comp and avail of free USA Landline that a no of cos are offering..all Incoming calls in US will be forwarded to ur SIP client. Any betamax co (that can be configured withthe SIPclient for outgoing calls) will allow u unltd calling (subject to unique IP) to US landline /mobile for 500 odd bucks for 3 months.As mentioned in 1st para the setup in para 2 and 3 can be implemented using a VoIP adapter as well which makes it independent of the comp.

only partially as u have to switch on the computer everytime to take a call.. i have used the skype box they used sell 3-4 yrs ago..to which one could attach a normal phone..was a really crude and unreliable thing.