• Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,105

saurabh_g

Regulars
ISP
TATA, Airtel
Tata Sky not to pass service tax benefit to consumers
512033 : Business : Tata Sky not to pass service tax benefit to consumers

Mumbai , Feb 26 Tata Group-owned Direct-to-Home (DTH) service provider Tata Sky today said that it will not pass on the reduced service tax benefit to its customers as it did not levy it separately.

" From day one, Tata Sky has been offering all its packages inclusive of all taxes and do not charge these separately. Hence there won&apost be any implication on our pricing," Tata Sky Managing Director and CEO Vikram Kaushik said in a statement here.

The Government had reduced service tax by two per cent to 10 per cent.
Kaushik, however, appreciated the move of the government saying,"The DTH industry has been heavily taxed and the reduction in service tax is a progressive measure taken by the Government".

Consumers of Dish TV, however, would reap benefit as the Essel Group firm would pass on the entire benefit to them.

Tata sky is just cheating with their subscribers by not passing on the benefits of service tax to their subscribers.

What about the big tv, airtel and SD customers..........

This is bu***** from TS.. They never decrease the price.. Now have to seriously think about going to Digital Cable..

Mine is 21st March 2009. 😀After that, may be i go to South Jumbo annual pack. :dance::dance::dance:

For most of the items (say consumer goods) when MRP including all taxes is specified, the manufacturers do not reduce the prices to reflect change in tax. It is compensated to some extent as giving freebies or extra along with the product.

Right! What is freebie here?

And on the other hand, had tax been increased from 12 to 14, wud TS still keep same price saying:

"From day one, Tata Sky has been offering all its packages inclusive of all taxes and do not charge these separately. Hence there won't be any implication on our pricing no matter what tax govt charges. WE WILL NOT INCREASE RATES!"

This guy is DISH guy, who always tries to instigate members of the forum against other DTH's . Iam not saying what TS is doing is right, but this guy always posts when ever there is something against other DTH operators other than DISH TV.

^^ Not you Mr. Amish, I always like your comments and posts. I was telling about the thread starter.

What about the big tv, airtel and SD customers..........

Well if they pass on the benefit to their customer then its very good else they were also cheating with their subscribers.

I think it might be from immediete effect...........by the way this reduce in tax how much price could reduce it from the customers........max 2 or 3 rupees but on a whole for 2.5 million customers for TS it might fetch an additional income a min of Rs. 50 lakhs pm............:cool2:

2% tax cut is almost 5Rs for 300Rs plan. so its 1.5 crore additional per month. cud be covering salary for whole TS staff all over india.