Internet Explorer Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 620
  • Views Views 134,556
It is a case of too little too late. Microsoft is used to realizing many important things a bit late. They realized the potential of Internet so late that they had to literally push the Internet Explorer to our faces by integrating it with the Operating System. And more recently, they entered the videogame console market with the aim of overcoming the dominance of Sony.

Web Browsers is another field where they entered late, but managed to beat everyone else to become the most used brand around. So much so, that they became complacent and as a result, we have not seen any real development in the browser for years now. If it was not for the pressure from the alternative browsers Mozilla Firefox and Opera, they might not have even considered developing the Internet Explorer 7 for the current generation Operating Systems.

The company announced a couple of days back that they would be releasing a preview version of the Internet Explorer 7 later this year. However, what we can expect from this much-awaited upgrade is something Microsoft is not making clear. They have for now said that the browser would definitely come with the popular concept called Tabbed Browsing. However, the developers through their Blogs have warned that the initial versions would come with the basic stuff.

The basic idea is to reverse the initial decision of avoiding putting tabs in the browser without making it confusing for the ordinary user.

More: https://broadband.forum/archives/2005/0...c-tab-browsing/

Seems that we are waiting for another f****n BLOATWARE from the Microsoft Stable to be released and incarnated as "IE 7" ! :lol:

Microsoft sometime back announced that Internet Explorer 7 would come with tabbed browsing. However, there is good news for the users of the current generation Internet Explorer. In the latest update to their MSN Toolbar Suite, the company has added basic tabbed browsing support to the Internet Explorer.

It supports only the version 6 of the browser and it enables the user ‘to quickly access, manage and save commonly visited sites into automatic ‘routines’ of Web pages that can all be opened simultaneously’ as per the official statement. The company claims that as many as 100 million users have downloaded one or the other version of their MSN Toolbar.

More: https://broadband.forum/archives/2005/0...abbed-browsing/

My PC is already overloaded with patches! :angry:Very little price to pay for using Microsoft Softwares... :lol:

with microsoft, their is nothing like TOO many patches. the next one is generally just around the corner. more like the second tuesday of the month.

Yea, they spoon feed us with patches...😀I'm planning to compile a list of patches released by microsoft...might take 10years though...! 😱

The page is designed to showcase a smiley face if all the tests required by the Acid2 Test page are passed by the browser. Till date, only the latest builds of Safari and Konqueror manage to pass it along with reports of iCab also nearing perfection. Opera comes close with Firefox and Mozilla developers also trying hard to come as close to perfection as possible. Internet Explorer in its current form is almost a disgrace to the whole concept.

The latest news in is that the developers from Microsoft working on the Internet Explorer 7 have said that the final version of this web browser won’t be able to pass the test. In a post made on the Blog representing the team, they say that: “We will not pass this test when IE7 ships. We fully recognize that IE is behind the game today in CSS support. We’ve dug through the Acid2 test and analyzed IE’s problems with the test in some great detail, and we’ve made sure the bugs and features are on our list — however, there are some fairly large and difficult features to implement, and they will not all sort to the top of the stack in IE7.”

More: https://broadband.forum/archives/2005/0...ail-acid2-test/

Ironically I use this method to find out whether the browser is IE or not. 😀

Code:
if(window.showModelessDialog) { // then code for Internet Explorer}

Just in case anybody is facing the same problem as I was. I use only Firefox for browsing so installed leaked/cracked Internet Explorer 7 Beta out of curiosity. But the router configuration relating to port-forwarding (Virtual Server) and Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) did not work in it. Funny error message...

----
Invalid IP,
range;0,-2147483648,-2147483648,-2147483648-255,-2147483393,-2147483393,-21
----

http://img31.imageshack.us/my.php?image=invalidip23be.jpg

So if you are facing problems, you know what to do. Go to "Add Remove Programs", check "Show Updates" and uninstall IE7Beta. IE6 will be restored afaik (not related to System resore Service because mine is disabled).

Ya i know ....First thing it was beta so i decided not to use it.Second my hobby is to try different application so i decided to use it atleast once for experiencing the changes M$ did!!Third I downloaded the setup of Ie 7; Extracted and deleted the One folder and one file which was the protection check for installing the ie 7Fourth This method made the exe Of IE directly worked without installed...lolI feel like God.......Babaj Avenger lolThen i didn't like the look i thought opera or Firefox was better let us wait for final version untill then Ie 6 Sp2 rocks.......