32" LED TV?

• Thread starter Thread starter newuser990
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,330
ISP
local
Im planning to buy a 32" LED TV.my usage will mainly be watching TV thru local cable STB and occasionally watching dvdrip;720p rip movies(normal 700-900MB avi,mkv and mp4 types we get from torrents) either thru HDMI or USB connection.I dont need anything like 3D or smart feature.just a basic simple TV?

I am looking for the cheapest option available.

i have some queries:
1. whats the use of more than 1 HDMI and USB ports?why would someone need more than one port of these?

2. is it worth going for FULL HD 32" LED or HD ready is enough.viewing distance will be around 10 feet.

3. These 4 TVs seem to have similar features.can you think of any reason why i shouldn't be buying one of these,specially LG ones.but Toshiba one is really cheap and has 3 years warranty.
Samsung 32EH4003 32 inches LED TV - Samsung: Flipkart.com
LG 32LN541B 32 inches LED TV - LG: Flipkart.com
LG 32LN5110 32 inches LED TV - LG: Flipkart.com
Toshiba 32P2305ZE 32 inches LED TV - Toshiba: Flipkart.com

4. which Tvs offer more than 1 year warranty?

5. Any brand of TV i should avoid at all cost?

I am not one of those guys who really care about little bit of difference in video quality so i am not willing to analyze them under a microscope.I think all of these low-end TVs have more or less same video quality.right?

Reason: The seller does not ship large appliances to your location currently.

Boo.

Upvote 0
My dad still uses our old Panasonic 29" CRT. I want him to downgrade to a 32/35 inch LED TV. Largely because it should be more power efficient. That TV runs for like 16 hours on weekdays (business channels for stock prices). Would need to compensate for the increased distance because the LED TV would be hung on the wall while the CRT is like 2-3 feet in front of it. Planning to order from Flipkart in the future because dealing with local guys has always been annoying for me.

Upvote 0
newuser990 said:
sorry.i re-edit the links to remove pincode.
dude you links were just fine. i would now have to edit them again with my affiliate link :tongue:

Upvote 0
then how did you get to know about "Reason: The seller does not ship large appliances to your location currently."..i thought my pincode was also visible to other users so thats why 🙁

Upvote 0
lol i checked for my own pincode. so they do not even ship to delhi (or certain areas of delhi?). lol.

Upvote 0
More than one HDMI port is cool because you can have a device like Chromecast or PS3 on one port and your media player on the other. You can never have too many ports. USB... Not a fan of USB on the TVs. Because software support is never as good as a cheapo media player from WD and other companies. Of course it is handy to power a device like Chromecast.

Upvote 0
Would need to compensate for the increased distance because the LED TV would be hung on the wall while the CRT is like 2-3 feet in front of it.
29" from just 2-3 feet?this can be good..i think we should keep a distance of 8-10 feet for 32".

Planning to order from Flipkart in the future because dealing with local guys has always been annoying for me.
true..... and i guess price at local stores is way way more than online.will look around in couple of days to see how much is the difference.

Upvote 0
I meant CRT is 3 feet in front of the wall because of the depth of the TV and the space between the TV and the wall! So the LED TV would have to compensate for that distance.

Upvote 0
i dont think i will ever be using Play station or any other devide on my TV.at most single HDMI will be used for laptop connection.
anyway from what you said more HDMI ports seem to make sense but single USB is enough.

Upvote 0
a) Multiple HDMI ports can be used to connect PCs/Tabs as well or any portable device that has an HDMI out. Not everyone will like to keep switching HDMI plugs each time.
In fact, my less usage is what is restricting me in replacing an small 14" CRT TV with this. Otherwise I had even thought of using it to connect to TV & also Tab and use it also like a mini-desktop for occasional use.
b) Full HD's effect may really be felt on Blu-Ray. For basic Cable/D2H HD - HD ready may be enough (Not an expert advice though)

Upvote 0
guys,please someone take a shot at my queries,specially the 3rd one...

PS;time to watch world cup on my crappy 25" now...HURRAY!!!!😀 but bijli chali gayi 🙁

Upvote 0