32 harmless websites blocked on court order...

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 8,402
i can talk about reliance. i have not had any issues accessing the sites i usually access. pastebin works fine. vimeo works fine. none of the other sites i usually visit so haven't checked.

Not sure if it is related to this issue or not (hopefully not) but I cannot open even Flipkart today. Tried restarting my router and changing to Google DNS too but still no benefit. WTH is going on with BSNL. The sites mentioned in this thread are still blocked in BSNL here though they are blocked at DNS end as somebody else mentioned. 😉 But Flipkart does not open at all. WTF.

Government unblocks 32 websites as they promise to cooperate, remove 'jehadi' content

"Order was issued on Thursday to unblock all 32 websites that were blocked following complaint of Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) that ISIS is disseminating content through them. All websites has responded that they will work with government and removed jehadi content," a source said.

The websites were blocked in November following an order from Mumbai Court, which was approached by Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) with a plea to block some websites carrying anti-India content.

During its probe into certain terror cases, the ATS had received information that some websites were carrying anti-national content, said an official.

They purportedly containing material about Areeb Majid, an alleged ISIS member who was arrested by NIA, and three others hailing from North Karnataka's Bhatkal area.

Read somewhere that specific URLs from these domain names have been blocked. I think released the list of end urls would have amounted to advertising.