32 Gb Class 10 Micro SD card , which brand to buy ? Samsung , sandisk, transcend or Sony

• Thread starter Thread starter MediaFire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1,849

MediaFire

Twisted
ISP
Bsnl Evdo
32 Gb Class 10 Micro SD card , which brand to buy ?

Already have two Cards
1.Samsung 16 Gb Class 6 SD card , using it with Galaxy Note 1
recently having trouble , card unmounts , doesnt respond or wont allow camera to save pics
this happend randomly , formatted card twice , but still get some random glitches
2. Transcend 16 Gb Class 4 SD card , which just works fine
both are 2 years old
now need a 32 Gb card , which brand to buy ?
Sony, SanDisk, transcend or Samsung
Update : Got Sony SD card from local retailer which was cheaper than FK

Samsung is what I would suggest.

Upvote 0
already using a samsung , wouldnt blame on samsung just for one card of mine , but seems like getting warranty claim / replacement is not possible with samsung
any light over this ?

Upvote 0
Go for SanDisk Ultra
2 Reasons,
1). Ultra Series performs way better than other class 10 cards. Have ordered it online for 6-7 friends who had issues with HD Videos they never
faced any issue since the Ultra was inserted in devices.
2). Warranty is a piece of cake if you have the bill or even the packaging.
Example:-
A friend walked into a small store for Sandisk replacement and was told it can take 2-3 days, he took off a Rs.50/- Note and placed on counter
and the dealer opened the drawer and took out a brand new Sandisk Card and said I'll handle it.
The friend in question later told he didn't even spoke a word, and leaving his own busy store and going 10 km for this would have costed him more, so he
doesn't mind paying little and saving more on fuel 😛eaceful: 😛eaceful: 😛eaceful:

Upvote 0
May I ask what will you use the card for?
If it's just to save media then class 10 will be better, but if you want to save gamedata for downloaded games like Asphalt or Nfs then a class 6 will be better.

And I myself have a Samsung class 6 32GB card. Works flawlessly. And has a 10 year warranty. Got it on FK last year.

Upvote 0
ghpk said:
Go for SanDisk Ultra
2 Reasons,
1). Ultra Series performs way better than other class 10 cards. Have ordered it online for 6-7 friends who had issues with HD Videos they never
faced any issue since the Ultra was inserted in devices.
2). Warranty is a piece of cake if you have the bill or even the packaging.
Example:-
A friend walked into a small store for Sandisk replacement and was told it can take 2-3 days, he took off a Rs.50/- Note and placed on counter
and the dealer opened the drawer and took out a brand new Sandisk Card and said I'll handle it.
The friend in question later told he didn't even spoke a word, and leaving his own busy store and going 10 km for this would have costed him more, so he
doesn't mind paying little and saving more on fuel 😛eaceful: 😛eaceful: 😛eaceful:
ordered sandisk , hope there wont be any need for warranty claim !!
Moriarty said:
May I ask what will you use the card for?
If it's just to save media then class 10 will be better, but if you want to save gamedata for downloaded games like Asphalt or Nfs then a class 6 will be better.

And I myself have a Samsung class 6 32GB card. Works flawlessly. And has a 10 year warranty. Got it on FK last year.

ghpk said:
I assume OP would use it with Galaxy Note 1.
am not playing any such graphic hunger huge games , just going to use it along with Note 1 for average mobile use
i have a 16 Gb class 6 samsung SD card which is giving trouble lately , cant find a way to make a replacement
picked it from ebay 2 years back , could be a duplicate or may be not .
for warranty claim process , am just staying away from samsung

Upvote 0
Moriarty said:
Can you tell a bit more about that? Why would a faster card be worse for anything?

Upvote 0
Last year when I was in the market for a SD card for the Note 2, I'd read many threads and websites.
What I'd found was that a Class 10 card is best for linear stuff ie playing song after song and video after video. But if you want to save gamedata on the SD card, which is only partly accessed at any time and only small requests are made, a class 6 is better. So I'd gotten a class 6 32 GB Samsung micro sd card.
I can't find that link though...

Upvote 0