Night Unlimited not available anymore?

• Thread starter Thread starter assid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 8,477
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rs.5765 would be the 4mbps package..so your speeds are right on. They just have the 4mbps package now..when I took the connection I paid around 3800 for 2mbps..Good thing about TATA is you get max speeds on pvt. trackers and generally good speeds for youtubing/streaming video.I guess since they own the undersea cables there is no shortage of International bandwidth.

Yeah but thats kind of expensive. 1886/mo approx.I mean I should be able to get cheaper option . And if you use in the day time, you probably need a secondary connection. Means atleast another 1000 bucks there.The question is not whether we are getting quicker speeds, but what if I am happy with the older slower speeds for cheaper price. Lets face it.. 700 bucks a month approx on the older rates with 2mbps vs 1886/mo with 4mbps. I rather take the 2mbit line.Also, I used to face major issues with tata on their local loop here. Its a reason why I started looking at mtnl to be my primary 24/7 connection and tata only for nights.Recently however, they seem to have fixed the problem, pretty much around the time i left them. So now, I dont know if i should go back, or stick to mtnl.. or what.!?!

assid, with validity top-up (1800 for 6 months), the monthly cost works out to less than 900.

muttster', Speedtest shows my download as 26xx kbps, even though I can sustain 450+ kBps in torrents, and my upload as 5xx kbps, but I haven't tested my actual upload speed yet.

Nice, I suppose it would be 64kBps on torrents.
How are you connecting ? Is it through the web or through PPPoE ?

Are validity plans still active?

Also, can the night unlimited plan be used on that. And do we move to 4mbps if we already have 2mbps when we get this top up? ??

If so I got like 8K in my account atm. I can just throw in more validity into it.

assid, with validity top-up (1800 for 6 months), the monthly cost works out to less than 900.

Are validity plans still active?

Yeah, the sales rep told me that despite what the website says, all old renewal plans are available.

Also, can the night unlimited plan be used on that.
Sure, why not?

And do we move to 4mbps if we already have 2mbps when we get this top up? ??
If you renew using a 4mbps plan, you should get 4mbps.

Okay I just bought a top up validity plan. Apparently i had 6 months left. And knowing how tata loves to just increase rates or make drastic changes. I decided to just buy the validity plan. So i guess this means i have 1 year of NU plan left 😛

Wierd they have changed the night unlimited plan to 10 to 8 ...can they just do that without prior notification ??...I have been using the plan from 2008 ...

I use the plan quick power 150 . in my usage page i found that my usage during periods after 9 were being charged.(Should not be charged as 9 pm-9am is unlimited.) So i went to my Addons page and found the usage timings were now 10pm to 8am

----------

Where did you hear or read about this?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Is it possible that you guys are on the 299 NU and that has been abruptly discontinued?

I have got a Rs 300 NU option in my addons page ...Looks 299 is changed to 300..But Still i am wondering they can just change existing plans just like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.