Railwire broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter rudrawadi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 21,875
they are currently providing connectivity in a very limited area. i do not think we have anyone from that area here on the forum.

Is Railwire a Indian Railways undertaking or something ?
RailWire is an initiative of RailTel Corporation of India Ltd., Ministry of Railways, Govt. of India

they are currently providing connectivity in a very limited area. i do not think we have anyone from that area here on the forum.

Am from that area, I stay in Marathalli which is covered by Railwire.. I spoke to one of the field engineers.. he said the speed is good but they have some technical problems and there is frequent disconnection.. It would take at least 6-8 months to rectify that..

Don't go with RailTel network, it sucks and worst network i have ever experienced. worst connectivity and customer care service.

They are asking for 1500 as installation charges and that too without any wi-fi routers.

Don't go with RailTel network, it sucks and worst network i have ever experienced. worst connectivity and customer care service.

I didn't know they were providing in Hyderabad 😉 Your local provider would be Beam, wouldn't it?

They are asking for 1500 as installation charges and that too without any wi-fi routers.

Crikey - even we won't be charging that much. More like Rs1k + security deposit (which depends on the type of service you get)

Welcome to MetaMax

Despite them being an "authorized franchisee", the services offered by this company are nowhere near the services that can be had in Bangalore.

dear sir
i want franchisee in eluru, andhrapradesh.
pls provide me the details

rgds
venkat p

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

k. if any chance pls

dear sir
i want franchisee in eluru, andhrapradesh.
pls provide me the details

rgds
venkat p

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

k. if any chance pls

You will need to talk to Railtel directly - I don't believe any of them read these forums.

In short, you will need to obtain an ISP license from DoT, then build/lease a last-mile network in that area, then obtain the relevent services from Railtel, by calling your nearest Regional office.

As you are in Andhra Pradesh, I think you come under the Eastern region. The relevent numbers can be found on Railtel's website.

Went through the site, isn't it ridiculous how companies can take people for a song. For e.g. see the home tarrifs given on the site, it doesn't say anything about how much data they are providing within whatever they are offering.

The business plan is also that much more laughable as well.

This is when they are going to be using Wi-Max. I would rather for the time when I get some more wired competitors in place.