TATA Photon 2.4Mbps quality of service

• Thread starter Thread starter jason21
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 106,891
Status
Not open for further replies.
lets hope so for their sake. new customers are stuck with their limited plans.

I have the magic wand in my hand.Yes I am writing this with Tata Indicom Photon.Well I can roam anywhere in chennai city and download as much as I can and still pay 1500 PM and thats amazing...I got confirmation in writing that 1500 UL plan will not be changed.However new users cannot get that plan.Perhaps I a the last customer of this plan. I am getting average 1 Mbps speed and peaks out at 2.1 Mbps...I have downloaded 18 GB in the last 4 days and my laptop is hotter than Iron box....Have to buy a A/C...heheheBTW anyone help me in connecting EVDO to HTC touch....

Downloading and torrents are good. But have you tried youtube from 10pm to 12pm. The speed becomes pathetically slow.Have you tried google talk? The quality is worse than a 256 kbps connection.

Photon+ has a FUP, no way there is unlimited usage.However, we have changed to Photon+ for corporate use, and those have unlimited usage.

could not find corporate packages for photon+ 🙂 can you point them to me?

Yeah and what is the speed of Photon? I mean actual speed?

The actual speed of photon in vacuum is 299792458 m/s. 😀

The download speed of tata indicom photon plus highly varies from 50 kpbs to 3.0 Mbps. During the night time the speed drops drastically towards US servers less than 200 kbps. However if multiple threads are created for download the download speed improves till 1Mbps. However during this period it is not suitable for watching videos and VOIP.

I don't know if others are also facing the same problem.

The actual speed of photon in vacuum is 299792458 m/s. 😀

The download speed of tata indicom photon plus highly varies from 50 kpbs to 3.0 Mbps. During the night time the speed drops drastically towards US servers less than 200 kbps. However if multiple threads are created for download the download speed improves till 1Mbps. However during this period it is not suitable for watching videos and VOIP.

I don't know if others are also facing the same problem.

Yup I too face problems with VOIP but i am a bandwidth stealer and download like anything...I bought Photon to sleep well and it serves my purpose...Modify your torrent settings to get consistent speeds of nearly 1.5 Mbps consistently...
1500 plan is there and its unlimited...I have downloaded 30 GB in the last 10 days so the question of FUP does not apply to me....I have a credit limit of 1500 so no question of overbill....

hello..anybody tried checking the latencies on Photon?sb plz check "ping www.google.com" on Photon connection. what's the average latency?and what about the IP address? is it shared or public?

so kind tat u left this thread .. i wish tat its forever ...

Where are you big mouth ?

When I advised to wait, you made fun of me, and now the FUP of TATA photon.

I don't think you have any answer for that.

someone mentioned somewhere about corporate plan..

Quoting my requirement.. please let me know if tata photon has any schemes in that regard
I have a small officesetup and want unlimited internet connection asap.

500-600 kbps unlimited connection would do. This connection will be shared by 5 laptops so It should have multi user login capability ( ie. shouldnt be restricted to just one laptop/computer)

Status
Not open for further replies.