Best Firewall Application - Suite

• Thread starter Thread starter snpexim
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 56,176
Originally posted by adwait@Jul 21 2005, 09:00 PM
You really dont need a firewall with Triband, because the router has a firewall built in.
[snapback]17636[/snapback]
[/quote]

Is this true? also is it turned on by default?

no, u have to turn it on manually...and with the firmware bug and stuff, i don't dare doing all that 😉

It would be good protection if one use router firewall along with software firewall My rating of firewall is ..1.Agnitum Outpost Firewall, Version 2.7 2.Zonelabs ZoneAlarm Firewall, Pro 6 3.Kerio Firewall, Personal 4.1 4.Look'n'Stop Firewall, Personal5.Sygate Firewall, Personal Pro 5.5Any other firewall is a jokeLook n Stop & kerio are lite on resources , Outpost is CPU hog , but exellent protection.at present I am using hardware firewall & ZoneAlarm 6

outpost (preferred) and sygate . Dunno why but i hate zonealarm 😛 but its not a bad firewall i just dont like its interface.lightest firewalls are look'n'stop and Jetico personal firewall

guys i just tried zone alarm security suite 6 yesterdayi must say i didn't like it very bitit has some sort for system firewall built inso whenever any application is doing any system changes it halts it and waits for ur response , even when u r changing system settings or installing programs.and then it has an active antivirus which just scans every file that is opened closed or changed evertime onlinethat also slows system down a lotand there are many other things that it has which slows the system down a lotas while u r download a file it is scanning it alongsideso it hogs the cpu a lot so i am going back to my Zone alarm security suite 5.5 or whatever it was

I know there have been many discussions about this before, but I had to ask it myself:Which is the best Firewall?I currently use ZA Security Suite. Though its excellent, it blocks almost everything and you need to configure it a lot before you can actually use it. It also installs certain software without your permission like the MailFrontier Desktop. I have disabled the AV and Anti-Spyware in it bcoz they were makin my system slow even with 512MB RAM.Now, everyone knows ZA is the undisputed leader, but I need just a simple firewall without the add-ons. Even though a simple ZA Firewall is there, it slows down my system.So which firewall should I opt for? It shouldn't slow down my system and effectively block the dirt.Also, one more thing, does the simple ZA firewall also have Ad-Blocking option like its Security Suite?

I was usingZA but it slowed down my sys a lot especially boot up.....Sygate is better in terms of speedAnd ZA's antivirus is is shit....dont use it even AVG is much better than that though I 'd recommend Trend or Panda