PigeonVoIP

• Thread starter Thread starter wildfire
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 8,969

wildfire

ISP
many
Hello,I am thinking of getting PigeonVoIP setup for my Nani.Has anyone used / tried this service? Thoughts as to quality?Also -- does the installation actually turn on ADSL on the phone line?If so, what kind of ADSL modem are you supplied with?If not, what kind of ATA are you supplied with?Many thanks for any information existing users are able to share.I am particuarly interested in thoughts on their customer service, technical competience and billing departments.Thanks,Anand

I am using pigeon voip and happy with the service till now. have been using it for 3 to 4 months and faced a problem only once or twice.It was rectified within one day. customer service is okay.If u lodge a complaint,then they will call u immediately the next day.Only problem is tht the recharge coupons are available in exchange only.ADSL modem:- IF u do not have more than 1 lan port in your current modem,then they will supply you a modem with 4 lan ports.The rates are too good and voice clarity is the best.so try it out!!!!

Hi gauravmhatre,Thank you for posting this information.Does the ADSL modem they supply have WiFi, or is it just a normal one?Actually do you know the model/make of the ADSL modem?Also -- as I travel I lot I intend to try and use the service when outside of India, have you been able to do this at all? How hard was it?Thanks,Anand

i havnt used voip but i have heard bout itwhat are the advantages of voip?:ashamed:

and even free if the other person is also using Voip

Guys what about domestic rates ? Any ideas ? Also, can we use pigeon on AirtelBB?

u cant use Voip to dial landline's/Mobiles in india..but Voip to VoIP within india is allowed..not sure if pigeon can be used on airtel most probably no coz they would be having closed sip servers..anyways Pigeon is not good at all..they charge even VoIP to VoIP calls..only first 400 mins are free