Reg bandwidth

sivaparanur

HiI am using 1mbps from dataone (bsnl).I am using winproxy to share the connection to 10 users in my office.earlier they said the speed is good when changed from 256 to 1mbpsnow they complain about the speed again.if i check DSL speed report the upload is 20k & download is 100k if there is any software to check the distribution method of winproxy or any other software which will give optimum speed to the shared users also.thanks Siva

u have to enter more information about the type of connections u have made and the settings.if u have a hub to which the computers have connected then that device will split the bandwidth(divides) for each pc.u have 10 pc s, then it would give u 1/10th of the speed of the original speed,which is in ur case 1 Mbps.ur getting 100k for download which means ur connection is perfectly alright.if u want the full bandwidth to be utilized by all the pcs then u have to buy a ROUTER and connect with ur needs. 🙂

ok thanks for the ideaonly in server ie a machine connected to the modem /bsnl connection is good.the systems are connected with 10/100 mbps switch to the server(winproxy) machine.