Reliance GSM in KERALA

• Thread starter Thread starter jojo_varkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 16,804
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the network update 🙂In here even today no news about GSM service. Called the nearby WW and they asked my name and said that they will book two SIMs for me. The guy also said something about choosing our desired number, which i didnt pay heed to when he told me. And that i will be informed when its formally launched in Trivandrum. Just read in another forum that it will be launched (again in Kerala) on Jan 25-26th and by that launch all the cities in Kerala will be covered...The weird part is that i can see a Reliance GSM tower from my bedroom window, it was one of the first towers to be installed in Trivandrum city and was done in Dec 2008.Lets see whats in store. 🙂

Reliance GSM SIMs available with local dealers in Trivandrum City.

Had a change of mind and bought the SIM from the nearby dealer. Retail price noted on cover is 49/-. But i was charged 100/-. On dialing *367# i get the following

Your Main Balance : 1.50 22/07/2009
Promotional Balance : 0.00 22/01/2009
R2R Balance : 0.00 22/01/2009
Local Calls Balance : 8.50 24/01/2009

Now the doubts : Is the 8.50 Local Call Balance really valid for 2 days or will it be extended automatically or done something like that?

I had paid 100/-, yet i dont see any increase in TT. What happened to the other 50/- which i had paid?

@cool_techie_tvmThe local balance will be wiped out after 2 days. It happened with me! 😀

I contacted the CC and they said indeed 100/- is taken for all new connections. 50/- for sim and 50/- for e-recharge. Also added that 50/- e-recharge is to be done by dealer. I contacted the dealer armed with this knowledge, and he inturn contacted some Reliance Officials. These officials were saying that 50/- e-recharge need not be done by the dealer. They are processing the new connections (activated today) and will add the 50/- within one hour. Dealer has asked me to wait until 6pm after which he will add the necessary 50/- to my account.Update : Reliance credited 50/- to the account by 5:30pm 🙂 Nice and transparent dealings with no extra amount for the dealer.

so ,should I take Reliance GSM or Airtel for Kerala?which one is preferred?--OT:it seems reliance and bharti are releasing their products selectively in few towns in kerala.For eg: I found airtel dth available for sale in few outlets in muvattupuzha.but not available in other towns.😕 wth?

Reliance GSM is still on testing phase. So major hiccups can be expected off them.Airtel has been long established in Kerala. About the network, no comments.I would personally suggest BSNL. Network is far superior to other GSM providers (in Kerala). More value for money too with full TT and low tariffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.