• Thread starter Thread starter bgltv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,444
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Tata Plug2Surf
Dear All,Are you using Plug2 Surf? Could you please tell me what is the speed you are getting?I am getting connected at the maximum speed of 260 KBPS but the uplink and downlink are relatively just 5 Kbps max.Also i noticed that if i get a strong signal, my connection works much faster. This i found by checking with my mobile instrument. Whereever my mobile shows the full signal, in that places my speed is fair.

Where r u from ? Buy New High speed USB modem photon from TATA indicom that give max speed up to 2 mbps. but check that is available in your area or not ....😀

I was Having Plug2Surf until few days back and I was also getting the same thingI called the CC to enquire about this and they told they had limited the Download speed to 5KBpsI am Not sure if this is truePhoton (high speed device from Tata)is present only on the outskirts of chennaiMay be You can try Reliance or EVDO from BSNL

they still claim that the device can give speeds of 140kbps or more. customers usually have no idea what the reality is. i have seen so many customers enquiring about this product at tata indicom shops. and they are like, we need wireless broadband for new new laptop.

that is an advantage to the operatorsMost of People still Do not Understand between kBps and kbpsAnd people are also confused about Wi-max and USB

TATA High speed USB modem photon now available in other circle also. call CC and get that.

does evdo tech used also by reliance? Tata is sick .. I had it and sold it off.. Speed is abt 56- 64 kbps and too expensive....BSNL evdo connects at abt 128 kbps and we never saw it going higher like I MBPS in ulsoor in Bangalore.. Not sure if it is Area problem ... coz same instrument is used for both

I am having plug2surf and facing similar problem when i have purchased it. Somebody says purchased photon+ and it will help to increase connection speed. So, you can also purchased and check for the same.

Most of People still Do not Understand between kBps and kbps

And people are also confused about Wi-max and USB

Yes, you are 100% right. I always check the actual download speed when downloading some stuff from a website, rest does not mean anything to me. Connection speed for TATA Plug 2 Surf Whiz is supposed to be 230 Kbps or KBps, not sure?

James

----------

Hi,

I have been using TATA Plug 2 Surf Whiz USB modem for the last year or so and the speed is ok to say the least. The best download speed I get is between 15-17 kbps during the day and around 25 kbps at night. I use this connection on Fedora Linux not Windows as most of the users do.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.