Airtel Bangalore - tremendous speed boost since 6 hrs (250 k BYTES/sec)

• Thread starter Thread starter prathapml
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,994

prathapml

Agent Smith
ISP
Load balanced, 100Mbit fake poop
So it looks like a Christmas gift from airtel to me!I have no idea about the speeds uptil 7 PM on 25th Dec.But when I sat at my comp at 7 PM, i was shocked to see 250 kBps. Yes, thats the BIG B! On a 448kbps conn, which usually provides a max of 55 kBps...... today it hit 250 kBps, meaning about 2 Mbps.Consistently!Either I shall have to cry because of some accidental plan change (which could mean i'm not in unlimited anymore), or this is a temporary speed boost. These things used to happen on a regular basis earlier, but have dried up and pretty much stopped lately. Or one of those repaired ocean cables have got connected directly to my house. 😛 That'd mean terabits of bandwidth, but even with the couple of megabits currently, i'm not complaining about what i DID get! 😀

a speedtest from www.speedtest.net would help all believe in you more.

Merry christmas

I understand what you mean, but I'm not one that'd bother to make false claims. I have nothing to gain by boasting, and I don't care who believes this thread.I don't want to stop my downloads just so that I can run a speedtest in my browser, since the downloads will then take time to accelerate to their former speeds. I just posted up the info to let others know whats happening, and to draw out info from others who might be experiencing similar things. If a number of people get the same speed, then some testing is happening just before some speed upgrade (for whom and why? god knows), and that is good news. If not, I'm just seeing a speed burst, which does happen periodically.And by making the most of it, I'm probably cannibalizing some of the bandwidth of others, and thus making their connection slower (remote chance, but who knows). 😛BTW, the speed burst is still going steady....

this kind of thing does happen.when my cousin got a new airtel broadband connection it did work at 250 kbps for a couple of days.

lucky dog got his day😛are you still getting high speeds?

Since yesterday morning i was getting above 230KBps download speed on torrents.But now it has gone back to old speeds that is 448kbps. The last speed burst i got was during February this year(simlar speeds) for 2 days.This time it was only 1 day but still good for torrenting on a holiday.

Its normal in airtel. When my speed boost Its always goes to 4 Mbps (my max. line speed) and i got 3500 Kbps or 447 kBps Download Speed

Yeah i also got a speed boost before the undersea cable cuts was getting approx 350KB/s on my 384kbps plan for about 6-7hrs and downloaded quite a bit enjoy these kind of things this should happen every 2weeks😛

Experiencing wierd speed bump today, here in CHENNAI. It's not a ~2Mbps spike like it had happenned before, but a 512kbps one :

I know it's not really a gr8 speed but I think 512kbps means a tiny bit of possibility that a speed upgrade is going on. Great if it's holds true. And if not, well, I'll enjoy till it lasts I guess 😉