AntiDialer: GUI Dialer for Linux

siddhesh

[OP]
Regulars
Mar 29, 2005
Hi,

I've written a GUI dialer program for Linux using the QT toolkit. You can find the first release here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/antidialer/

Its very raw -- hacked up in a few days time actually... just to get my Mom to use Linux full time ;-)

Current features:

* XML based configuration (options file in ~/.antidialer/antidialerrc)
* AutoLogin
* Password Saving (with encryption)
* Account Details/ Signup/ Renew/ Password changing buttons
* HeartBeat

TODO:

Currently if you need to log out or have heartbeat enabled then you must keep the dialer alive/minimized and hence consume resources. This was not top priority for me as I have an unlimited connection. But i'll definitely get this out of the way soon.

Requirements:

QT development tools (uic, moc, qmake) in addition to g++
development libraries for qt, mcrypt and x-windows (libqt3-mt-dev, libmcrypt-dev, x-windows-system-dev)

Please come back with any suggestions/bug reports.

For any issues you may contact me at:

siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com

Regards,
Siddhesh

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
Dec 19, 2004
hello is it compatible with latest sify protocl used in bband client v 3.1 ??

siddhesh

[OP]
Regulars
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by avinds@Jan 11 2006, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the Forum
[snapback]38889[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey thanks :)

I've actually been on for quite some... a silent watcher more or less. The thing is I've been more or less satisfied with the service except for the support... and except during the rains ;) I think its more because my CTO is very cool... I get more or less VIP treatment from him, not to mention discounts from time to time ;)

I hope people find this dialer useful for them. I guess I've made it more or less according to my Mom's needs. If enough people are interested I will work on it further. In any case I'm planning on a few modifications later on to improve performance and add a few features -- especially the troubleshooting app that windows has.

Siddhesh

siddhesh

[OP]
Regulars
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by power@Jan 11 2006, 11:48 AM
hello is it compatible with latest sify protocl used in bband client v 3.1  ??
[snapback]38891[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well no. I've used the old protocol document to implement this. Either ways, its working fine here, and I guess the old protocol is still functional. I don't think they'll risk removing support for it so soon.

max

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 6, 2005
yeah or they will have to face the wrath of the underdogs ( GNU/Linux, Mac users ). I am not a sify user btw.

ujjwal

Regular
Regulars
Oct 17, 2004
Thanks a lot for writing this! It runs very well on my system (Arch linux 0.7.1, kernel 2.6.15, qt 3.3.5) :)

siddhesh

[OP]
Regulars
Mar 29, 2005
Originally posted by ujjwal@Jan 13 2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks a lot for writing this! It runs very well on my system (Arch linux 0.7.1, kernel 2.6.15, qt 3.3.5) :)
[snapback]39110[/snapback]
[/quote]

Great!!

Tell me if you have any feedback on it. I won't promise a one day fix on anything... too much workload in office of late. But I surely will be working on AntiDialer till I can get it up to speed with features on the windows client.

Siddhesh

PS: There aren't too many linux users on here are there??

Atul

Regulars
Oct 18, 2004
Ok well iam a complete Linux noob out here so wanted to know how do i install antidialeron ubuntu :)