300 Mn Mobile Phones is Inactive in India !!!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 4,632

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
One-third of mobile phone numbers not in use - Hindustan Times

India's claims of a sensational expansion of mobile phone use could take a knock as a reality check revealed that almost a third of the country's mobile phone numbers were inactive.

Officially, there are about 900 million mobile phone subscribers in a nation of 1.2 billion. But government data showed that about 300 million of these are not in use at all.

After Indian DTH, here comes sensational reality of India Telecom :eat:

when the telcos give SIM cards for Rs 20 with Rs 50 TT, this will obv. happen(Just as an example, I have 6 SIM's , 3 of which arent in use. Of the other 3, 1 is in use 2 months a year, another the rest of the yr while the 3rd is a backup)Many people here have 10+ SIM's

who gives a F anyways? all of these companies love to show that they added 1-2-3 million new subscribers in the last month! large numbers look good in media.

Hehe I just bought 2 MTNL SIMs... each giving 250MB 3G download free for 3 months 😀250 * 3 months = 750. What more? Unused data is carried over to next month.The offer was too attractive to not to get. WIll cancel 1 once 3 months are over.

Hehe I just bought 2 MTNL SIMs... each giving 250MB 3G download free for 3 months 😀

250 * 3 months = 750. What more? Unused data is carried over to next month.

The offer was too attractive to not to get. WIll cancel 1 once 3 months are over.
hmmmmmm......tell me about it, would like to get it too!!! 😛
how much does it cost per month???

The offer was too attractive to not to get. WIll cancel 1 once 3 months are over.
Ha! no one will ever cancel the SIM connection..they just throw the sim down the gutter

hmmmmmm......tell me about it, would like to get it too!!! 😛
how much does it cost per month???

Its over now, 31st was last date, it was there from last 3 months.

Ha! no one will ever cancel the SIM connection..they just throw the sim down the gutter

Bad idea. Always get SIM cancelled for legal reasons.

Bad idea. Always get SIM cancelled for legal reasons.

No Telecom Company have policy for cancellation of Prepaid connections. and 95% inactive connections must be prepaid only. There are less than 3% postpaid subscribers who don't bother to cancel the connection and throw away sim cards.

mhm. i thought prepaid connections are considered canceled if they are not recharged in 6 months 😕

I am just saying "better safe then sorry"You can simply write a letter to ur telecom company and get acknowledgment on duplicate.You can also mention that, "you are not responsible for any abuse in future, if telecom company fails to disconnect it"That is sufficient.

Absolutely agreed. It high time now Telcos should introduce termination process for prepaid numbers too.I myself have 2-3 prepaid numbers which i wish to get terminated.

mhm. i thought prepaid connections are considered canceled if they are not recharged in 6 months 😕
One of my mobile number got deactivated cos I did not use it for 45 days. And vodafone said that if I dont activate in 1 more month, I will lose that number

1 of my Idea nos. got deactivated for not using it for 3 months!!And i also have an inactive Loop connection.

That means each operator is following their own policies. TRAI definitely need to work upon this and come up with some common process.

----------

Inactive subscribers still continue to plague telcos | mydigitalfc.com

Almost all the new players had at least 50 per cent inactive customers in the system last year. They sold bundled offers and freebies and focused only on increasing numbers. Only Idea, Bharti and Vodafone had over 80 per cent active customers. They continue to maintain the same.