3 months of nightmare with Tata Indicom!

• Thread starter Thread starter meaculpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,968
Status
Not open for further replies.

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
I've waited for a long time to rant about this...pathetic experience. Wanted to let people know how bad Tata Indicom can get.. The connection was given smoothly and fast enough..the problem started when it stopped working from the 3rd day onwards. Customer service is capable of providing only the most inane advice 'please right click on network neighbourhood icon' or 'madam please pull out the cable and connect it again'. Finally they gave me a complaint number and promised to get back. About a week later I called them and enquired. They told me my complaint was closed because they were unable to reach me!!! I imagine a complaint is solved if the problem is solved. Tata Indicom believes that if the customer can't be reached the problem is over (or at least, silent). Over the next two months, this pattern continued. I acquired 10 more complaint numbers. I was not allowed to speak to any engineer (they call when they feel like it). Finally I gathered it was a faulty switch. The crux of the problem - the cable and switch are maintained by the local cable operator. If it stops working, Tata guys have to co-ordinate with him to repair it. And we all know how slithery cable operators can be. I've sat and waited for this one 2 days in a row. E mails to the customer service go unanswered. I reached the point where I considered disconnecting the service and demanding refund, but they told me there is no provision for refund. Not even if I have pre-paid for a service that does not work. Instead they will extend the subscription. what will I do with an extension of a non-working connection - is a question that they obviously can't answer. Finally I was put out of my misery 2 weeks ago. The rats chewed my cable 🙂 Since there is no hope in hell that they will replace it, I am released from this miserable marraige and eyeing an MTNL connection!

IMHO Airtel seems to have the best customer service - so give them a look too.

Hi, have already called reliance and airtel - problem is that I seem to live in the back of beyond (Chembur in Mumbai). Airtel told me they have connection to only one building in Chembur! Reliance folks thought Chembur was some new small town 🙂 That leaves me only with MTNL and fingers tightly crossed. From browsing on this forum I gather that all the broadband providers are currently just getting their act together and the same guy can give excellent service in one area and lousy service in another. I'm thinking of polling people in my area in Mumbai to get a feedback.

I have not had any problems whatsoever with the Tata Broadband Customer Service ever since I got my connection 3 months ago?

I am sticking to airtel just bcoz of their C care or would have gone to BSNL 2 MBps long backI rate Airtel 9.5 / 10 Amazing.. Just 1 call & they will do all things possible or else next day a tech person will come to home & solve it.

and i am getting a new connection from airtel coz i dont have to go find their offices or fill up long forms or wait for them to find modems or empty slots or to grease their local representatives.several reasons.

TATA Indicom is more of piece of crap, I am saying this before getting my connection. They rely on local cable guys for net connection. Read my experience here

hmm...you're correct. Your fault completely. If you just had looked up how TATA is on online forums, geeks in your area ( no no not the kind who are clueless bumbling fools ), you would've realized that TATA is $hit and prevented the pain you had to go through 🙂 Anyway, dont ever buy a TATA product in your entire lifetime, even if your life depends on it or Ratan TATA offers you a Billion Gazillion bucks for it 🙂That said, Reliance sucks, Sify sucks, Iqara sucks ( Now You Broadband or something ), sucks 🙂 Umm...i know Sushubh is a BIG supporter of Airtel but I think it sucks too BIG TIME in Mumbai...For the last 3 years those idiots ( Airtel guys ) have not been able to reach my building. They're fibre is lying right outside by building for the past 3 years. Can you beat that? As opposed to this, Reliance laid their cables, wired up the neighborhood, tested their network and they're now in my building serving us 😛Sucks to be Bharti Mittal. Ambanis know how to do business I guess.Anyway, so your salvation lies in MTNL. Do not worry, you will never get a reply from the sarkari babus like - "we've not yet reached your building". No ways! They're always there for your service!Besides, you dont need to do a THING to get a new connection. If you own an MTNL phone, just call 1504 ( toll free ) from your landline and tell them you want a TriBand connection and the plan that you would like. They'll give you a docket no. In some time your connection will be setup and you'll be ready to surf at amazing speeds 😛 ( Though lack of unlimited connections still pains me! ) Anyway, as with any government run business you shouldn't expect any kind of customer care. Simple problems are always sorted out in a jiffy. But if its a complex one, you'll have to put in some effort from your side.I would vouch for MTNL's reliability and stable speeds. I was dissatisfied for a while a few months ago. But apparently it was my new wiring's fault and not MTNL's. There has not been a single minute of downtime or even the ocassional slow downs.Overall the service is amazing. I'd recommend it if yuo want a headache free service 🙂

Hey Deep read about your experience and you have my full sympathy. Sounds as if you had an even more s****y experience than I did Max - you're right that I should have checked out, but I guess I was motivated by two big modern ailments - 1. need for haste 2. greed. I don't have MTNL landline and I didn't want to take time to make chakkars of the office. Tata looked simpler on paper, no modem, no renting stuff - so I fell for it. Yeah, call me a sucker 🙂. Plus unlimited surfing @128kpbs for 4k a month. I guess the moral of the story is that in the end it's worth taking a little extra trouble to get a good connection. And nothing good really comes easy and cheap! I no longer believe in great deals/ unlimited packages. I think I ought to be ready to pay more, to get really kickass connectivity!

you will never get a reply from the sarkari babus like - "we've not yet reached your building". No ways! They're always there for your service!

Besides, you dont need to do a THING to get a new connection. If you own an MTNL phone, just call 1504 ( toll free ) from your landline........

Thats precisely what MTNL told me 🙁 that they do not have Triband in my locality.

My landline has been shifted to new address, but Triband is not available in this complex. The day I get bugged enough to visit my bank for 10 Rs DD, I will raise RTI to know why 😕

Besides, you dont need to do a THING to get a new connection. If you own an MTNL phone, just call 1504 ( toll free ) from your landline and tell them you want a TriBand connection and the plan that you would like. They'll give you a docket no.
Few day back when I asked them over phone 1500 or 1504 that I want to change my plan from TriB Bphone to 590Nu and phone plan to 250 ,they told that I will have to write an application for change of broadband plan and to deposit the same in sanchar(Sp?) haat ,but at the same time they told me that they can change my Telephone plan over phone or I can do that online as well ,but not Broadband .I can't understand what iproblem do they have in changing the BB plan over phone or via online .😕 😕 😕 😕 :O

BTW I tried to register online. The module does not work most of the time. I gave up after 7 attempts

Visit the local exchange and fill the form. If you do it online or via phone, they will put you in the normal plan which is pay per use lol

Status
Not open for further replies.