• Thread starter urbanmojo
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 2,776
U

urbanmojo

ISP
MTNL
I just signed up for 2Mbps with 20GB monthly limit and I"m only getting 480 Kbps. The Airtel technician is still working on it, but he is stuck as he says everything is fine at the exchange. The only thing he thinks is it could be the cabling in my neighborhood.Are other people getting 2Mbps successfully? I'm in Delhi...Thanks,

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
hah. so airtel guys seriously do not have the network quality to offer 2 mbps even in delhi? now that would suck for them... what kind of a speed guarantee are they offering?

K

Karan

I am a n00b
ISP
AirTel
Check and see the line rate at which your modem is synced. Could be at 576 instead of 2560.

vebk

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
Tell them you are not paying them till they sort it out.

U

urbanmojo

ISP
MTNL
no, it is synched at 2560. The attenuation is high though, at 39 db. Tech seemed to think that was high, but I'm not sure how far from the exchange I am.

A

ashishgoel

Don
ISP
MTNL & Airtel
yaar if it is synced at 2560 or around, then u should get 2 MBPS at ur end atleast if not 2560... there is some setting with the airtel only, as people like me are synced at 572, but gets 256 in day and 512 at night.At the time of billing, just pay the amount in ratio of speed ur gettin as that of promised..

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
At the time of billing, just pay the amount in ratio of speed ur gettin as that of promised..
as if he would have that option. airtel would keep billing him piling on surcharge!

Apoorv Khatreja

Apoorv Khatreja

Super Loser
ISP
Reliance Thunder 1099 4 Mbps UL
Write a letter to them making it clear that you will not pay until you don't get what has been promised. Remember to keep a copy of that letter with you.

Sushubh

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
heh. i am sure one of the several documents airtel made his sign during the installation process... would have that covered. he would have to go to the consumer courts if he has to avoid paying dues for something he is not going to get.that's how it works.

A

ashishgoel

Don
ISP
MTNL & Airtel
ya, thats right.... just inform the nodal officer... i get myself gud discount during december-january speed problems....