• Thread starter Thread starter Asterix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,598

Asterix

Regular
ISP
MTNL
I have a strange problem where some sites load and other don't. There doesn't appear to be any pattern with both Indian and foreign websites in both categories. It's unlikely to be a site-specific problem because there are dozens of sites which don't load. The problem occurs in both Firefox and IE.Anyone else have this problem? Is it a problem with my computer or with the ISP?I googled the problem though ironically I couldn't open some of the more interesting links. Anyway someone suggested that it was a problem with Firefox 1.5 which is possible since that is my main browser. However as mentioned the problem occurs with IE as well. Is it possible for Firefox 1.5 to affect IE?Anyway any suggestions would be appreciated.

Try doing nslookup on the sites that you can not open.

For example if you can not open http://www.rediff.com, try doing

nslookup www.rediff.com in dos prompt.

Sometimes, DNS can be a problem. But if nslookup works fine, then this is not the issue.

nslookup seems to get timed out for sites that I can open as well as those I can't. Not sure what that means. I have tried pinging various sites and I don't get a response from the ones that I can't open.

To do this simply enter: ipconfig /flushdns in a command prompt. You will then get the following window appear confirming the flush,