Exatt blocks VOIP...

ArcanaOccult

Viking Warrior
ISP
MTNL
Exatt's site has started...

And on the mainpage is this...

"Exatt has blocked all the Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) ports, due to the illegal termination of VoIP. All the providers with a legal VoIP license can purchase an interconnect with us, to forward their traffic to their legal provider. You can contact your Account Manager or franchisee for any further queries."

:angry:

#$%&^#$&#^$*&

\m/

If that was not enough, they have also cut the download speeds; their schemes page in fact mentions that "Above rates are Base rates. All speeds are approximate." So in effect, cable operators are welcome to fleece us as they like and don't worry too much about speeds, just concentrate on paying them through the nose. You don't have to download anything; just keep on repeatedly downloading the PPPOE driver from their website and don't even surf, they have a very "pretty" webpage; just log on and keep staring at it.My 128 kbps unlimited connection has come down to 75 kbps, precisely from the 1st of Jan and that too after I did not download much in the previous weeks since it was holiday season and all major tv networks were also taking a break.We call ourselves the IT superpower and have to bear with such pathetic speeds and download limits while paying much more that our overseas counterparts.I look forward to the day when all these small fry have to shut shop when some mnc comes in and there is a glut of bandwidth. Pacenet, exatt, and all the others are just leeches.

hmm....in India the problem is that there isn't any competition in international bandwidth arena. We have only 3 players for such a massive country while European nations, for eg. France, have about 30-40 carriers on an average. I think France has 34.

Yeah, I noticed the dop in speeds too...browsing speed is pathetic, and even on good torrents, I rarely get more than 23-24 KBps... I really am thinking of switching to Airtel once it launches in Thane... 😕I had a query-can you use two LAN cards...one for DSL and one for LAN(PPPOE) simlutaneously with different settings?

Originally posted by MrCCK@Jan 10 2006, 07:55 PM
If that was not enough, they have also cut the download speeds; their schemes page in fact mentions that "Above rates are Base rates. All speeds are approximate." So in effect, cable operators are welcome to fleece us as they like and don't worry too much about speeds, just concentrate on paying them through the nose. You don't have to download anything; just keep on repeatedly downloading the PPPOE driver from their website and don't even surf, they have a very "pretty" webpage; just log on and keep staring at it.

My 128 kbps unlimited connection has come down to 75 kbps, precisely from the 1st of Jan and that too after I did not download much in the previous weeks since it was holiday season and all major tv networks were also taking a break.

We call ourselves the IT superpower and have to bear with such pathetic speeds and download limits while paying much more that our overseas counterparts.

I look forward to the day when all these small fry have to shut shop when some mnc comes in and there is a glut of bandwidth. Pacenet, exatt, and all the others are just leeches.
[snapback]38805[/snapback]
[/quote]

Is this really true? I mean even i noticed slow surfing speed on my 256kbps conn. but havnt dled anything for a while. If they have imposed bw curbs then dling stuff will be a huge problem. Is every exat user experiencing a bad dl speed?

Yep.... what's worse is upload speeds are consistently as high as 4x your connection speed, which is quite irrational...

yaa i noticed the drop in download speedz as well btw i m facing this problem for nearly a week.dl speed is 7kBps & upload speed is 18KBps on ma 128kbps connection.......🙁

wow ! i thought i was the only one ...its confirmed guys , my 512K unlimited is capped at EXACTLY 40 Kbps . before since 2-3 months i was getting 55-60 Kbps constant . Upload speeds are not capped (yet) .And yes , i faced this only after 1 jan . Those assholes are capping everyone now .

All ISP's are upto some s#$% i think, coz even my 300 kbps pacenet connection started to suck after 1 Jan , and the upload speeds are high, but dload speeds are less than half of promised bandwidth!!!!!!!Havent tried VOIP though...

Originally posted by amogh_gulwady@Jan 12 2006, 12:51 AM
Any lawyers in here? Can we sue them, since VOIP is part of what they promise during installation?
[snapback]38959[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ya, any lawyers in here. I called the Exatt customer service (Andheri) yesterday and yelled my head off at them telling them that someone should take them to the press for suddenly capping connections, with no information what soever. Asked to know who is the person in-charge there and got the name of a Mohan Jha, who I believe is the Broadband Manager. The operator said he is not in office. I have left my numbers with the operator, saying that if I don't get a call back, will be taking this matter to the press....
Anyone know what we should be doing next? These guys have fleeced us enough..
BTW, I am an Exatt 256K unlimited user from Worli and am facing the same problem (DL of 16-17 KBps and UL of 29-30 KBps) since 1st january

Its not even funny now! Its the same with all, but its really stupid on how they are capping,etc.. Coz my surfing is awfully slow ( time-out ) , but sometimes my download speed is about 22-23K Using dial-up at the moment to surf 🙁 P.S: Getting Uncapped upload speed, Yesterday nite i was getting 280K.