• Thread starter Thread starter kks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 7,862

kks

DUF 1.4 Beta released.

New features:

a. No more mixed records. It splits the mixed records into
clearly billable and free records, marking them as split records.

b. The pages are saved in a cache. So you can analyze your usage straight from the cache instead of going online.

It is still in Beta stage. Please test it and send in bug reports and suggestions to make it better.

You can expect the following features in the release version:
a. Cache would be integrated, so instead of fetching all records each time, only the more recent records would be fetched.

b. Netmeter like functionality integrated right into DUF, so you can see your usage LIVE and also compare it with the stats given by BSNL.

Thanks

The new version of DUF can be downloaded from this link.
DUF download

===============================================
DUF 1.3 released.

Added two new features.
1. Now shows the usage in chart form
2. Calculates the expected billing for your plan.

Get DUF 1.3 from here.

===============================================
Original post:

I jumped onto the broadband bandwagon just a week back. Immediately it became apparent to me that the BSNL sites meant to show how much bandwidth I have used, suck.

A quick search on this and some other forums for some tools to help me revealed that not many tools are around. One name that stood out most prominently was the shaplus tool.

However, it is closed source. I must say it seems to be a very useful utility, but I gathered that people are hesitant using it for the fear of security.

I being one of them, decided to code a tool for myself which works (also looks) quite like the shaplus one. It does not have ALL the features of shaplus, but is working well for me. I have been using it for a few days now, and am releasing it in open source form.

Please check it out at http://duf.sourceforge.net

Since I have not tested it thoroughly (used it only on my machine), if you have any problems running it, please let me know.

Suggestions, criticism welcome.

Let us create a useful open source tool together (would have been unnecessary had BSNL done a decent job themselves 😉 )

Just tested it, working like a charm.... Thanks a lot, we really needed such an open source tool. (I am running WinXP SP2, IE6SP1 on AMD 3200+)

i first tried shaplus[latest one also] but it dosnt work on my comp , urs works smooththe display is nice but i reconnect promptly to seperate my free sessions at 2.10 and 7.50,,but the next second i will be on the next session ,i will like to call it a pure billable session but u count it as mixed,,i will like to see a simple option : count mixed as BILLED FULLY for ppl like me, and finally put up an value free used total, limited usage total 😀the progress shown directly is vv helpful ,,in case of an error u get to know bcos of wat directly frm site,.... but in shaplus i need to jus wait like a jakass for minutes hopin it will work :-sbut one thing ,,i am not able to log into my acount via IE after i use DUF donno if its data1's or my problem or the programs ,.its jus tellin me to login again fr my own security due to a time out

oopsie i dint see the OPTIONS below 😀i can get the total i want 😉 after excluding ....btw i am runnin on winxp sp2 n IE6,.....put up a bar graph and an average LINE within the summary, it will be more useful if u can

🙂 tried it outa really slick tool with more presentable output as compared to others..gud work.Xpecting more improvements...

Releasing a new version of DUF (v1.3)

Added two new features.
1. Now shows the usage in chart form
2. Calculates the expected billing for your plan.

IMHO, chart is the feature which should be the more helpful of all. Because it shows the free, mixed and billable parts of my daily usage at the same place and also shows my average usage, I personally use it to analyze, how much (or less) am I using dataone during the free period 😉

The billing feature, is pretty bare-bone. It gives you the option to either take the mixed (overlapped) usage into billing calculation or to consider this time as totally paid. I am not using the average method to bill mixed time, because that is academic at best. I feel (humble opinion, once again) that it is best to calculate the bill in the worst case scenario, that is to think that all of mixed usage will be billable. in that case, at least I know that I won't get a bill bigger than that I calculated.

Anyways, thanks for all your appreciation.
A request: If you use this tool and find it of any use, please do drop in a line in this forum. Would make me feel my work has not gone unnoticed.
Thanks again.

Get DUF 1.3 from here.

i am using 400 mb limit plan ,that means 250 rs per month. but the chart showing according to the 1 gb means 500 rs plan per month. i want to know what is the way out for me. thank u

yes, me too. please add feature where it can also make my morning tea/coffee.can it also fetch my newspaper? if not, why not?actually, the best feature would be if it can allow you to download as much as you like, any time you like, but also ensuring that your bill remains the fixed amount (like rs 500 for home 500 plan) without any extra charges.maybe an animated chart with rainbow colours, so it's not an eye-sore.and also..... oops, my bandwidth usage is reaching the limit, got to log off now, catch you on the 1st of next month, bye!

Hey... dataone actually bills as 512 MB for 15 days and the excess usage is charged for every 15 days instead of a month !Can this be implemented in the software ???? THis software is cooooool man !