Releasing open source tool (DUF) for checking Data

• Thread starter Thread starter kks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 7,867
DUF 1.4 Beta released.

New features:

a. No more mixed records. It splits the mixed records into
clearly billable and free records, marking them as split records.

b. The pages are saved in a cache. So you can analyze your usage straight from the cache instead of going online.

It is still in Beta stage. Please test it and send in bug reports and suggestions to make it better.

You can expect the following features in the release version:
a. Cache would be integrated, so instead of fetching all records each time, only the more recent records would be fetched.

b. Netmeter like functionality integrated right into DUF, so you can see your usage LIVE and also compare it with the stats given by BSNL.

Thanks

The new version of DUF can be downloaded from this link.
DUF download

I will use this one....Really impressed with duf 1.3....lets see this one

^ @ tarzan , donot worry . your details are not stolenby this DUF tool . Almost all dataone users are usingthis type of tools .

DUF 1.5 Released

Guess what folks, DUF ran into its very own version of Y2K problem!
Came 2007 and the option to check usage for the new year was nowhere to be seen.

When I first coded DUF in Dec. 2005, it was simply meant to be a "stop gap" measure to get around the mess BSNL dished out as our usage logs.
I thought it would be only a matter of months, if not weeks, before BSNL would get its act right and give us a decent portal.

More than an year has gone by and the staus quo remains.

Anyways, here is the slightly modified version of DUF. Apart from being "2007 conscious ;-)", it also has the latest tariff plans.

Instead of coding the tariff plans right into the program, I have placed them within a plain text file "Tariff.txt" which is found in the same folder as DUF. This should help us cope with any future modifications in the tariff.

Similarly there is also a text file "Servers.txt". This contains the IP addresses or URLs of the various BSNL portals which are alive.

Wishing all a very happy new year!

DUF download

Working beautifully.Thanx for upgrading - I was wondering why it wasn't workingsince 1st Jan. 🙂

It is more than one year source code of the program is published. Also, the author of the program is completely unknown, not even his name is published anywhere. The program has no non-passward option like the shaplus tool. So the users are to blindly trust this "open source" program.Open source softwares should always be open source. If source code of newer versions of an opensource software is not released, then how the users can trust the newer versions. It is again closed software.

QUOTE(joshi_tn @ Jan 19 2007, 02:36 PM) [snapback]75999[/snapback]
It is more than one year source code of the program is published. Also, the author of the program is completely unknown, not even his name is published anywhere. The program has no non-passward option like the shaplus tool. So the users are to blindly trust this "open source" program.[/b]

You are missing the point here. It is "open source". No one is forced to 'trust it blindly'. If you have doubts, you can read the source code yourself (it is open source, you see). However, ....

QUOTE(joshi_tn @ Jan 19 2007, 02:36 PM) [snapback]75999[/snapback]
Open source softwares should always be open source. If source code of newer versions of an opensource software is not released, then how the users can trust the newer versions. It is again closed software.[/b]

I agree completely. If the author claims his program is open source, then he should provide the source code as well. It is just silly otherwise.

Good job man...i dnt login to dataone portal, simply check hw much UL bandwidth i've wasted thru ur software!!!