Big tv in uae

• Thread starter Thread starter rafeekm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 11,236
Yes, its available in Middle east. The signal strength is good but the signal quality is weak ( it means you cant manually scan for channels, but can receive all the 187 channels). The quality of video is superior ( on Component out) compared to Dishtv the SPDIF ( for digital sound) gives 2 channel only as none of the channels are transmitted in 5.1 dolby ( Even the bigtv movies). The receiver is good but hangs due to poor signal quality. Needs few resets before it stabilizes.

Advantage according to me ( As i hv used Dishtv, Tata Sky)
All the channels are available in daytime also, not like tatasky and dish where few channels are available only in the evening
the video quality is better compared to the other two ( over component)
the sound quality ( i didnt find any difference)
There are few radio channels from india ( for radio lovers in saudi)
There are more channels like neo and utv movies , music channels compared to dishtv and tata sky

Expected to launch HD channels in Q2 2009

Disadvantage
colours channel is still not available
The receiver (STB2) is small hence the card cannot be inserted fully as it may break
The receiver becomes hot very fast needs proper ventilation and climate control
The remote is big and designed awkward ( as the down key and menu key are very close together), there is nothing written on the remote , you need to practice to understand what key is for what function
the spdif out ( sound is not stable and disconnects) the sound streaming on component out for tv is ok and doesnt face this problem

Hope the above should clear any confusion
MVC:dance:

Hey MVC, Please let me know where I can get the cheapest Big TV receiver and viewing card in UAE (preferably Dubai)

Regards,
Pratik
M 050-9466580

Yes, its available in Middle east. The signal strength is good but the signal quality is weak ( it means you cant manually scan for channels, but can receive all the 187 channels). The quality of video is superior ( on Component out) compared to Dishtv the SPDIF ( for digital sound) gives 2 channel only as none of the channels are transmitted in 5.1 dolby ( Even the bigtv movies). The receiver is good but hangs due to poor signal quality. Needs few resets before it stabilizes.

Advantage according to me ( As i hv used Dishtv, Tata Sky)
All the channels are available in daytime also, not like tatasky and dish where few channels are available only in the evening
the video quality is better compared to the other two ( over component)
the sound quality ( i didnt find any difference)
There are few radio channels from india ( for radio lovers in saudi)
There are more channels like neo and utv movies , music channels compared to dishtv and tata sky

Expected to launch HD channels in Q2 2009

Disadvantage
colours channel is still not available
The receiver (STB2) is small hence the card cannot be inserted fully as it may break
The receiver becomes hot very fast needs proper ventilation and climate control
The remote is big and designed awkward ( as the down key and menu key are very close together), there is nothing written on the remote , you need to practice to understand what key is for what function
the spdif out ( sound is not stable and disconnects) the sound streaming on component out for tv is ok and doesnt face this problem

Hope the above should clear any confusion
MVC:dance:

I have a small quetion on BIG TV CARD.I HAVE TRIED USING THE BIG TV CARD IN OTHER STB'S WORK GREAT.BUT CAN WE USE NON BIG TV STB? ONLY THE CARD CAN BE VIEWD USING STARSAT RECEIVER OR HUMAX?

Hi....i m from dubai i wanna buy dish tv hd reciever ...what is cost and where can i buy it from ...plzzzzzzzkusum