How to Connect Sify Broadband with D-link(DIR-300 Wireless G Router)

ISP
Sify Broadband unlimited Rs. 799 Plan
Hi all, Please help me soon, I have two laptops and one sify Broadband connection and a D-Link (DIR-300 Wireles G Router) Please tell me the procedure to connect my both laptops with internet through router. I do not want to kame one laptop dependent. I have become confused and frustrate.

u r using sify thru modem ???????.......

simple.plug sify into router.call sify to unblock new mac saying you have a new comp. dont mention router etc.put in setting of sify in the router setup screen.and make automatic in network conns for both laptops

@ Siddharth.. I am not using Sify through MODEM , THey have provided me Internet through Cable, User name/PAssword for Authenticate and IP addresss, DNS Server.... @frankmehta THanks a lot, BUt your Explanation is not clear to me.Help me out.Does even anybody know that how to access Sify Local area Network or how to access others shared material through...

officially you are allowed 2 computers or laptops with a single broadband connection. I am assuming you use both laptops as wireless.Now follow these steps:Install Sify broadband client in both the laptops.Connect the internet wire of sify to Router.In router internet wizard use the IP DNS and Gateway settings given by sify.Connect any one laptop with the wireless router in wireless mode. ( I assume that you know how to make the connection secure) Call sify callcenterTell them you have two laptops.Try to login with 1st laptop and tell call center its your first laotop.They will bind the mac id for it. Do same thing with the other laptop. Thats it. Cheers.

Hi all, Thanks for Reply, I have two laptopsLAPTOP 1 : MACID of its Wifi Card : 00-14-6C-4F-B1-BDLAPTOP 2: MACID of its Wifi Card : 00-14-A5-78-E8-1E D-Link Wireless Router MACID : 00-22-B0-40-CE-91 Sify Connection is : IP Address : 10.30.184.181 Default gateway : 10.30.184.1 DNS server : 202:144:115:4 Alternate DNS Server : 202:144:10:50 For Authentication Sify-Dialer (Username/Password) Now Query is which MACID is supposed to be registered and what to be selected in the dropdown from Router configuration

in router u just have to write static ip, gateway, submask, & DNS. All settings are to be default.And u have to select Best encription for yr security and make a password for it. The sify call center will bind the mac ids of laptops and has no relation with routers mac id.

Thanks Sifyfan, But tell me why not to register the MAC ID of router. I have registered the MAC ID of Router and now the situaton is I am able to use internet but i can only Use the Sify Dialer from one LAPTOPand not from other and if that laptop is shut down then my internet is gone..Tell me the solution..And then how to enter Username/password to log-in. I am confused that somepeople said that no need to register MAC ID of routr with sify some said it is required.THen some said for Sify Broadband you have to select the option from the drop down of Router setting and enter all the details and some said that Select the option from the dropdown and then enter all the details. Please provide me Clear solution. It will be highly appreciable as i am Frustrated now..........