Line Drop

• Thread starter Thread starter Cute
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,900

Cute

Hi guyz,I am having the line drop problem.At 4:30- 5:00 it always occurs!!!Plz check u r session history (Mumbai User) and confirm that if all are having this problem???Today it occured at 5:02 Am .My pc was just On doing nothing!!!

nopes. nothing like that at my end. im from mumbai too but my line doesnt drop between 4:30-5am. but speaking of mtnl disconnections, i read in another post over here that mtnl has now stopped automatically disconnecting users before 12midnight, due to frequent complains from users. but i also read that they have stopped automatically disconnecting users only in delhi. i cant confirm that coz i prevent mtnl from disconnecting me and instead i disconnect before they do and restart the connection after their time of disconnection. i have automated all this scheduling so that my start time doesnt clash with mtnl's disconnecting time. so are other mumbai-ites NOT getting disconnected automatically by mtnl before midnight?? furthermore, can anyone confirm whether the mtnl server time is changing almost every alternate day ie.its time is going much ahead than IST time ??

Ya So in order to be safe always connect at 12:05 !!!!I saw the another reset of my adsl modem this morning around 6:30 am may be it's my exchange problem. Thanks for the Reply!!

The problem in Delhi was that the timing of the auto-disconnections was vague (12:30am and 8:15 am for me). And yeah the MTNL server time is atleast 15 min ahead of IST in Delhi. How exactly do u prevent MTNL from disconnecting u bro?

Originally posted by waterloo_sunset@Jan 2 2006, 12:13 AM
How exactly do u prevent MTNL from disconnecting u bro?

i hope this question was for me and not for cute! 🤔

anywayz....i disconnect my connection before mtnl can do that. i started doing this coz, the way mtnl abruptly disconnects me, the dialer(bridged mode) automatically starts redialing. and as waterloo sunset said, the disconnections r not at the same time. they keep changing the exact time they might disconnect u before midnight. also, i know the time range during which mtnl wud disconnect a user, so i play it safe and automatically make the dialer redial after that time range. so i finally control the disconnect/reconnect time of my triband dialer

btw, i know that the the mtnl server time is ahead of IST. but is that interval changing too. for eg. waterloo sunset mentioned that the mtnl server time is ahead by 15mins. but has that changed to like 20mins or maybe 10mins and is that interval changing on a daily basis?? :huh:
coz i want to get the max time out of my night pack of NU. B)

Oh yeah, if ur using bridge-mode then u gotta dial-in again to reconnect. Am using the default pppoe/pppoa settings with the telnet script to auto-reboot. Coz with pppoe when MTNL disconnects u, the connection momentarily goes off and comes back on within 2-3 secs. No need to keep re-dialing. The downloads do get interrupted, but they resume on their own. But in bridge-mode, it must be very annoying i agree.

Originally posted by waterloo_sunset@Jan 2 2006, 07:57 AM
Oh yeah, if ur using bridge-mode then u gotta dial-in again to reconnect.
[snapback]38033[/snapback]
[/quote]

You dont need to dial in every time while using briged-mode u can use a auto-dialer like adsl autoconnect it's a freeware. 🙂

Come to think of it, doesn't the default windows dialer have an option to redial automatically if ur line drops for some reason? Am pretty sure i saw somethin like that back in my dial-up days.

resets? so r u talking about rebooting OR mysteriously one of the lights go off?? i have no explanantion for reboot but for the lights...it happend to me...some1 here suggested to replace it..its just overload...dont worry about it..mine is working fine now(no replacement)..switch it(only router) off..and start it again..nothing more u can do..quote: i am confused!Soo am i! so am i! which asylum u from??

hmmmm it happens with me.. at usually around 6:30 am i get disconnected and again i do reconnect back . but sometimes i dont !! esp when i`m only doing torrents and not an ftp download!! sheeshalso i have seen in the session history that the timings keep changing ... i have been disconnecting everyday at 7:46 am according to my watch .. and it should show as 7:56am in the session history(which it used to when i had set it b4).. but not sometimes it shows 8:02am or even 7:46am!! damn !! this sucks!!!

I think i traced out it was Hilkren attacks !! This Sucks ....Thank god i resolved the problem using a Firewall!!

Originally posted by Cute@Jan 5 2006, 08:51 PM
I think i traced out it was Hilkren attacks !! This Sucks ....

Thank god i resolved the problem using a Firewall!!
[snapback]38383[/snapback]
[/quote]

What are Hilkren attacks ? :blink: