hi,new here

• Thread starter Thread starter theinsen1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,317

theinsen1

hi folks,
i am new in this forum.
firstly am happy to see such an active forum on some very interesting topic.

i started using triband dsl nu from october.
at start,it was tough cause i dunno much computer knowledge,to understand brigdging,and port forwarding 🤔
now with help of surfing thru net i figured how to port forward.

using this site port forwarding
i hope others find this useful!! 😀

but i still have few queries,i wud be glad if someone cud guide me 🤔

1)in register.mtnl.net.in for session history i get this message

Pl. register for your MTNL email address to see your \"Session Details\" !![/b]

pls tell me what to do?the lady in 1504 gives me some no. wch no one picks up 🙁

2)how can i schedule to start and stop download between 12 to 8??

3)am planning to buy another connection either another mtnl triband dsl nu or any other such as sify/iquara/reliance.
if i do so will i be able to club it with triband,i mean there is some option of clubbing bandwiht and downloading at higher speed(ther was some post but i cant find it)
so what i want to know is which one will be good wiht triband nu.

4)alsois the balance per month carry forwarded?
thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the forums.
1. Are you able to login to MTNL website?
2. If you are in Mumbai, theres no need to restart or shutdown the router. The mtnl guys are doing that. Many downloaders have an option to schedule downloads. I use LeechGet though.
3. For this I suggest you go through this topic.
https://broadband.forum/Question_for_Coolbuddy-t2113.html
4. lol..no it doesn't (Wish there was something like this)

Also check the pinned topics in MTNL Triband section.

MTNL has made it mandatory to regsiter urself 4 an MTNL email address b4 u can c d session history. Thus u r cing tht msg. 2 avoid cing tht just click on "Add Email Address" & register urself 4 an xyz@mtnl.net.in email address. I guesss this will solve ur problem.

powdermonkey? your talking about NU plan..?? rightin other plans (like mine...200P)...balance is carried forward...

^ I have DSL399 plan. Are you sure the balance is carried forward?Actually I never check my balance usage. But I think 'they' charge you by checking ur session history. correct me if I am wrong.

dood, i understand ur shocked...I was too.!!! 🙂i actually checked couple of other comp on network and ppl have OVER 1100 Free MBS left!! for using 3 months!EDIT : Oh yeah! i dont think they charge u for watching ur session ...but if u register for an email id...then i THINK (NOTE: THINK) they do charge on the bill!

I have 1962.36 MBs (as per website). Have downloaded Visual Studio (its free now), Sun's Java Studio and some other things. So this month my total usage is going to be around 1100 MBs. Waiting to see if they charge for 100 extra MBs in bill.

is this BRAND NEW INFORMATION?? (quote phoebe)did i do something Helpfull today?plz lemme know?uhm netfreak...which ViS..Studio...Ver 6??could u gimme a link to MSdn...i want the entire SDK! do i need a licence?

Its latest version. Free one is called "Express Edition".

Download here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/

I downloaded just C# thing not the whole.

For MSDN, just pay 1200 - 1800 for any M$ seminar on .NET and you get comlpete set of DVDs + loads of Beta as a gift. I think next one is in Jan at Leela. PM me your mail id and I can give you details when I get them.

st0le....can u plz b clear abt wht u r saying. I dont understand abt wht carry forward & session history charges u r talking abt. Im using DSL Combo...is there any change in this. Coz 4 this mth Im cing tht my d/l limit is 800 MB instead of 400 MB..also 0.03 MB from my last mth also got cariied................. :lol:

Originally posted by St0le@Dec 30 2005, 06:55 PM
....Oh yeah! i dont think they charge u for watching ur session ...
but if u register for an email id...then i THINK (NOTE: THINK) they do charge on the bill!
[snapback]37763[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have read somewhere in the forums they calculate ur downloaded MBs for a month and then check the rules book.
Yes I had register for an email ID but I never use it :huh: Is there anyway I can get rid of that??

Originally posted by netfreak@Dec 30 2005, 07:21 PM
I have 1962.36 MBs (as per website). 

Have downloaded Visual Studio (its free now), Sun's Java Studio and some other things....
[snapback]37770[/snapback]
[/quote]

My balance is 1167MB for this month and I m on DSL399.
Visual Studio is free for 1 year

Originally posted by St0le@Dec 30 2005, 07:23 PM
is this BRAND NEW INFORMATION?? (quote phoebe)

[snapback]37771[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hmm yes..You surprised me.

Originally posted by baudhayan@Dec 30 2005, 07:41 PM
I dont understand abt wht carry forward & session history charges u r talking abt. [snapback]37774[/snapback]
[/quote]

well i dID mention...i was not sure...

to veiw session history/Details...u need to register an email Id? right?

and "i thought" email id's are charged (very small amount)
remember, about a year ago..or so...mtnl started a service where u coudl send and recive email thru your telephone...the phone no being ur email id...
u needed to register...when i did...the phone bill had one extra charge...for email ID....since then i have stayed away from mtnl emails!
maybe thats just Dumb! 🙂 but u know me??

oh yeah! i almost forgot...tanx phor linck netphreak!
me got 55 mb left this month (tons of Mp3's 😉)
maybe next montth!
was'nt msdn a 18 Mb download??

hm...its been 14 mintues (newYear)...and account is alreay showing 5 mbs short? (395MB)and my last months MBs (40) did NOT get carried forward...wtf is happening??