Revive a dead DSL-502T

• Thread starter Thread starter nocaps
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 16,391

nocaps

ISP
Triband 949UL
Dead DSL502T - When all LED's, except power, are out; even hard-reset/factory reset does not work. In my experience, it happens if you close the router configuration browser window midway while communicating with the router. i.e. you have opened 192.168.1.1 and before the page or a requested sub-page could load, you close the browser.

1. Download the firmware upgrade from this direct link or go to the support page,click on the firmware link and find DSL-502T download at the bottom of the window that pops up. Download and extract it with WinRAR

2. Connect the router to a LAN card on your computer.

3. If you are running a firewall, exit it / disable it / set it to allow all traffic.

4. Run the firmware upgrade utility, its an executable.

5. Check the "Corrupted Image Mode" option and click Next.

6. Follow the instructions to the word. (Don't exactly remember, but its something like this: the utility will tell you to power off the router and click "next" after 10 seconds. Then power on the router. The upgrade will then tell you a router IP. Something like, for example, your router IP is 169.1.8.1 set your machine IP to same subnet).

7. Open the TCP/IP configuration of the LAN card to which you have attached the router and set the IP address as told by the upgrade utility. In our example, router IP was 169.1.8.1, so assign 169.1.8.2 and enter the gateway as 169.1.8.1 to LAN card.

8. Run the upgrade utility again in exactly the same manner as before. If all goes well, your router will not only start working again but get an upgraded firmware too.

Remember:

1. Use these files/instructions at your own risk. My advise is, do not try this unless you have a dead router i.e. you have tried and failed even the factory-reset option. Thats when you have nothing to lose.

2. It worked on my router which had the factory default, flaky firmware. Dunno if it will work on already upgraded router.

3. Router settings saved earlier as .bin files (i.e. when the router was running normally on older firmware) will not work. You will have to enter the settings manually.

Gud info..everything accepted. But I dont think tht it goes dead when you close the router configuration browser window midway while communicating with the router. i.e. you have opened 192.168.1.1 and before the page or a requested sub-page could load, you close the browser.
[/b]
. coz 4 me this page wudnt use 2 refresh many times & i have closed it multiple times.

My router conked twice and both the times it was the same; closing a browser window which was busy refreshing router configuration page. Maybe you are using the updated firmware.

If you distrub router while uploading a new firmware image and similar sensitive operations, then it will be dead.But easiest way to revive is to pay a visit to MTNL's office. Its rented anyways...

The links to the firmware are dead! The D-Link Australia site has a link though. However, they say that it is for the Routers distributed in Australia only!!!

Aha!!! The router has been revived!!!Thanks to this forum I became aware of the possibility. The local D-Link people gave up it as a lost case.Any forum member who needs the software please post a request here. I'll mail the software.

@/members/dxer/
Thanks to this forum I became aware of the possibility

You SHOULD give the link for the software here.Because others searching for a solution , when they open this thread reach a dead end. The purpose of the forum is defeated, if everyone , after getting suggestions/solutions/links etc solves his problem and does not have the courtesy to spell out the solution which worked. or provide the links.
In case you have developed / written your OWN software for this, you are free to put conditions for its use.
out of thread
@infernalproteus @sunish @shaplus Thanks again for your free open BB usage check programs. which is used by hundreds of BB users.
@amish @netfreak just to to mention some contributer/s Thanks for valuable tips.

Aha!!! The router has been revived!!!Thanks to this forum I became aware of the possibility. The local D-Link people gave up it as a lost case.
Any forum member who needs the software please post a request here. I'll mail the software.
hey dxer can i have the software my router giving me probs
thanks

Yeah! Why not? But the size of the*.exe file is 3.3MB!!! Give me your email address for such file...

or u can just upload it on the wiki and make a page for it and link here.
Sushubh, I'll just try to do that!!!