Revive a dead DSL-502T

• Thread starter Thread starter nocaps
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 16,395
Susubh! Done that............

Does anyone here have any version of the firmware for DSL 502T? or any other suggestions please (perhaps hardware debricking)?I 'tried' upgrading to latest version available on the .co.au website and bricked my router. Its got only the power LED on, rest all seem dead. Also tried with dxer's version, but still no luck.

Try resetting...........

tried that several times / different types as per all possible online support options.

Its just the power light that doesn't mind being on all the time. Not sure why other lights have gone off to sleep.

When upgrading with your firmware version, I get stuck on the 3rd screen - "Power on your modem now.. Waiting for the Modem to reboot". Stuck there for almost a hindi movie length.
From the event log [windows 7 only, win xp doesn't leave any trace]: Successfully created restore point (Process = C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\Engine\6\INTEL3~1\IKernel.exe -Embedding; Description = Installed DSL Family Firmware Upgrade Utility).

All the 502Ts sold in India are manufactured in Malaysia. I don't know what the AU version firmware has done! I believe that you may reset it when the modem stopped at rebutting point and then repeat the whole process again. By the way I have found that in some case 502Ts only respond through Internet Explorer! Can't have any reason why it dislikes other browsers.

All the 502Ts sold in India are manufactured in Malaysia. I don't know what the AU version firmware has done! I believe that you may reset it when the modem stopped at rebutting point and then repeat the whole process again. By the way I have found that in some case 502Ts only respond through Internet Explorer! Can't have any reason why it dislikes other browsers.

No luck as yet with the reset. Have dropped it off at D-Link Service Center as a few others suggested to have FW flashed.
I guess IE bonding is more to do with Windows and not D-Link. IE is a good reporter of errors etc. I did switch browsers to test connectivity - FF doesn't respond at all, whereas IE says 'can not be found'.

My little 502T was acting up after working tirelessly for 5 years!.
I ran the upgrade. Well, not really an upgrade but rather a 're-install' of the firmware.

It now works good as new : )

However, I could only get the web interface the first time to enter the login information. And after that the IP 192.168.1.1 just does not open in ANY browser, on ANY OS!!!
The default gateway shows as 192.168.1.1 and I can ping it.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Re-installed it AGAIN... and it's back to normal : )

My little 502T was acting up after working tirelessly for 5 years!.
I ran the upgrade. Well, not really an upgrade but rather a 're-install' of the firmware.

It now works good as new : )

However, I could only get the web interface the first time to enter the login information. And after that the IP 192.168.1.1 just does not open in ANY browser, on ANY OS!!!
The default gateway shows as 192.168.1.1 and I can ping it.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Re-installed it AGAIN... and it's back to normal : )

Congratulations:
It would be helpful, if screen shot of the router
connection status or device info page is posted here.
showing the FW version used.

Many thanks to all your suggestions. Any many more to the DSL Service Center who flashed the Firmware for little less than Rs. 300 and in 20 days!

Aha!!! The router has been revived!!!Thanks to this forum I became aware of the possibility. The local D-Link people gave up it as a lost case.
Any forum member who needs the software please post a request here. I'll mail the software.

Dear dxer (or anybody else),

The need for the firmware utility is upon me, though this post is old I was hoping you could email me the software. My router is a DSL 502T ver. A2 Thanks in anticipation.

Thanking you in anticipation!

Regards,
sunshinekhan
My router Dsl-502t ver:A2 is dead .Its ethernet is not working.Please help me revive it.