48kbps +

• Thread starter Thread starter knak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,561

knak

Regular
I read around..and i see people writing that after ~70MB they get cappedI checked out a few days long and for me, its differentIts like a 128kbps nightpackage....Its 9:10pm now and at 8:55 i started to download something @ 2.8KB/SecI looked and the minute it became 9PM it went up...litterally counting up every second that p@$$esfrom 2.81 to 2.82 to 2.83kB/S etc etc...right now its at 4.98 and it goes up and most likely stops at around 7 kB/s So, this is capped for ever i guessI woke up at 3pm today ( too much to drink last nite 😛 ) , put my comp on and 2.8 was the max... and i didnt downloaded anything the past 12 hour... i wasnt homeSo this is what happens when u download too much ( in the past ) ?They give u 'normal' speeds when its 9?this makes me think that the datatransfer is cheaper at nighttime for SifyWhy i post this? i just wonder,, they let people know they get capped after downloading 75megthis is not in my case :mellow:

on my 48kbps pack my net gave me 7-8KBps from 910pm to 10am. rest of the time it was like 2.2 to 2.6 KBps. at 440 that is decent value when compared to just 12 hrs of connectiivty that I have.still its cheating. and its cheating big time. i am planning to go to indian express offices in a couple of days in chandigarh.

I thought we weren't able to log onto Sify at all during the day time with the night only package. Is this true?

lol, its true u cant login to sify if ya hav nite pack and dont wrry it will stay that way. 😛if ya read a little bit carefully we r all talkin bout unlimited packs and not nite packs,lol

Its like a 128kbps nightpackage....
[/b]
-- knak

Misread that bit :lol:. Though knak was talking about a real night-pack.

yea, i say that it looks like 128-night cuz during daytime its useless to use internetDownloading someting bigger then 3mb is really a waste of waitingtimeSurfing goes too slow, loading a page takes longer then actually looking/reading itMessengers are the only thing that work properly, they dont need much datatransfer it sux!!2.8kB/s , since im here and using Sify im getting the lowest speed i ever had on internetBack in delhi where i stayed i had this 64kbps line my TV cable company provided and that was a bigh laugh,The first months i just used the 64kbps unl.,1500rs/mnth and was slow like #$%^ and someday i discovered some open IP's on thei lannetworkI just simply changed my IP to it and i had fully uncapped, 160kB/s average, about 1280kbps B) I didnt used my own IP anmore so i bet these guys wondered why i didnt had any datatransfer , for about 2.5 years :lol: And before Delhi, back home in Europe i had even better speed, for the same price i pay for sify right now..speed around 250kB/s sometimes higherSo you can imagine this Sify is such a pain in every hole i have, 2.8kB/s is really extremely pathetic, its an insult I feel like 10 years ago , iwth my brand new 28.8kbps modemBah, i really hate this company

Maybe India's Telecom regulator (wannabe Internet Access regulator or is it already one) should read this http://www.eujapan.com/roundtable/wp3_mphp...ation_may03.pdf

Just read the first box on the right about what the Japanese Govt. thought in 2002 was the reason for high internet costs. They thought it was MONOPOLY situation.

We definitely need more competition and more network laying by the new breed telcos here.

btw knak you'd get more than 2 kBps during the daytime if you downloaded below the 75 MB limit 😛 as you know.

Here's one idea. Get the Upto 48 pack for Rs. 450/month for daytime browsing when you have a holiday or something and the Rs. 400/month night package for downloading stuff 😉. That way if you average the speed across both these packages for their total cost that is Rs. 850, price wise it's a bit more than the Upto 64 pack and less than the Upto 96 pack. And speed wise it's a grand deal with an average speed of 11 kBps (7 kBps + 15 kBps / 2). Automate your downloads for the night and you'll never see your speed fall anytime hopefully.

😱 Hope you don't have to pay the CTO the installation cost again for getting another connection. In which case the above plan falls flat.

dont wrry the plan wont fail as i just read a piece of information on the new pamflets thtas sify's soon gonna start distributin. it says exactly that u can buy a nite pack and enjoy best of the both wrld's.lol they read ur mind i think 😀