• Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 6,740

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Since a last couple of weeks, users on Airtel Broadband cannot access IRC servers. Can anyone confirm this?

s*ckers. i had leave sify the day they block irc. coz most of my online time is spent on irc.

/me is the one having problems with IRC on Airtel. 🙁Just when I had people on a channel to get back to - and they do this s***.

Seems like you just have to call them and ask them to unblock the port Parthap. Some threats will help.

Originally posted by Fred@Dec 15 2004, 09:31 PM
Seems like you just have to call them and ask them to unblock the port Parthap. Some threats will help.
[snapback]3208[/snapback]
[/quote]The service person came today. Claims they don't block it. :angry:
Asked them to prove me wrong - couldn't! 😀

Well, he said he'll come back tomorrow morning with a new router to replace the modem - and test if IRC works after that. Why don't they understand that the same modem was working just fine previously. Seems like the old "try all you can, to deny that the problem is not at the customer's end" policy. By morning, it will be clearer.
Thanks for the suggestion, will get back on IRC as soon as these ****ers restore the service to me.

airtel isn't blocking irc. I use freenode, dalnet, efnet, undernet etc. All working fine..

Originally posted by bugatti@Dec 16 2004, 01:00 AM
airtel isn't blocking irc. I use freenode, dalnet, efnet, undernet etc. All working fine..
[snapback]3235[/snapback]
[/quote]Count yourself to be lucky.
The person who came today, replaced the modem and tried to show that IRC works. It obviously did not! My..... wasn't it a surprise for him to know (when I asked to speak to a senior tech) that IRC *IS* being blocked. Yep, not only irc.opera.com - all serves (i.e., basically ports 6666 and 6667) is being blocked. And for virus reasons, it seems! 🙁

Now I'll try firing the customer support people.

I asked 2 other airtel users.. no problems for them too. They are in blr too.
And I would suggest you try connecting with port 7000 and not 6667 and 6666.
When I used to use cable internet, my isp used to block 6666 and 6667.

So the default ports my irc client uses when connecting to irc is 7000. And ALL irc networks I tried connecting to work without any problems.

Originally posted by prathapml@Dec 16 2004, 07:02 PM
Count yourself to be lucky.
The person who came today, replaced the modem and tried to show that IRC works. It obviously did not! My.....  wasn't it a surprise for him to know (when I asked to speak to a senior tech) that IRC *IS* being blocked. Yep, not only irc.opera.com - all serves (i.e., basically ports 6666 and 6667) is being blocked. And for virus reasons, it seems! 🙁

Now I'll try firing the customer support people.
[snapback]3262[/snapback]
[/quote]