• Thread starter Thread starter power
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 7,691

power

supersupersuper...
ISP
TATA+Sify
We use to have dc++ hubs with share size of abt 1 TB on sify lan (navi mumbai ) but now in some way idiots have started blocking lan sharing .. we cant even ping others now and borgchat also doesnt shows any users (b4r there use to be 20 and more users ) .. Our cto is using some f***in vlans to block lan sharing ...Sify is on right track to lose many more users bcoz many people in our area took sify only for lan sharing 🙁

I know that. I was sharing through DC++ Software suddenly one day they blocked the ports and now onwards iam unable to share

btw switches are far better than those hubs they use , u guys wont be able to chat using brogchat but try a software which likes runs a server and evry other chat client connects to , coz brog chat just listens to trafic on lan for other brogies , so it won wrk . but hey now ur file transfer wont effect ur neighbours transfer , so u can all share files without chokin up the LAN 😀

no it wont if ur not downloadin frm net , nthin gets added to sify usage that u do on lan so dont wrry bout it 🙂

Originally posted by cancer10@Dec 23 2005, 03:52 PM
If I use DC++ and download some software/movies thru it, will it calculate in my daily bandwidth?
[snapback]36947[/snapback]
[/quote]

dont give them ideas...... 😉

PS: Somebody delete this post 😀 😛 :lol:

Originally posted by cancer10@Dec 23 2005, 03:52 PM
If I use DC++ and download some software/movies thru it, will it calculate in my daily bandwidth?
[snapback]36947[/snapback]
[/quote]

dont give them ideas...... 😉

PS: Somebody delete this post 😀 😛 :lol:

they definately losing me :angry: as****** before it was so nice atleast we cud chat i dont care much about sharing but atleast lan gaming fu** those bas**** :angry: They already has swtiches in my area

If you're logged into Sify and you use your public IPs to share even within your LAN/s then your usage would be logged by Sify servers since your data would be routed through them, and you'd get a lousy speed too. But by only using the private LAN IPs no data transfer should be calculated and speeds should be top LAN speeds 🙂btw power what a gory avatar :blink: 😛

10.x.x.x IS the private LAN IP.And this has nothing to do with switches/versus hubs per se...my area had switches, but sharing and pinging was possible, now it is not.See, you can still ping anyone who is on the same switch (ie in the same building), but if someone is on the same network but on a different switch, the only way to his switch is through the gateway, which blocks these requests (this practice was not in force earlier). So no sharing is possible, unless done via regular internet channels, which will be at slow speeds (whatever b/w your connection is), apart from the fact that they will charge you for it.The simplest excuse for them here is:a) They are under no obligation to allow you to use their LAN for any purpose other than connecting to the internet via a Sify connectionB) It helps prevent viruses from spreading over the networkYes, it sucks, but there is little you can do about it.

Well, when I provide my own IP address provided by my CTO i.e 10.19.X.X DC++ does not work.Will DC++ still work if I dont login to sify?Can someone plz explain me how to use DC++ without loosing my sify's daily 150 MB limit in a simplier way?Thanx

Well, when I provide my own IP address provided by my CTO i.e 10.19.X.X DC++ does not work.
Will DC++ still work if I dont login to sify?[/b]

yes it works without logging in sify .. No bandwith counted in ur account and u get speds of 2-3 MB/s 😉

we can ping people who are on same switch but b4r we were able to get lan speeds from people who live even 5-6 km away so we used to have 20-30 users in dc++ .. but now they have divided all lan's as per area so we cant see anyone now 🙁 .. they are using switches everywhere not hubs since start but before we were able to chat and share with nor probs

btw switches are far better than those hubs they use , u guys wont be able to chat using brogchat but try a software which likes runs a server and evry other chat client connects to , coz brog chat just listens to trafic on lan for other brogies , so it won wrk . but hey now ur file transfer wont effect ur neighbours transfer , so u can all share files without chokin up the LAN [/b]

dc++ runs as server and others connect client but they have found a way to block that too we cant ping/connect to others on same lan . besides b4r we used to keep subnet 255.0.0.0 and there used to be direct transfer even on same 10.x.x.x ranges and didnt choke up lan .. but our cto is blocking all this now :angry: