• Views Views 5,257

qsahmed

ISP
MTNL
Hi

Modem: T-KD 318-EUI
Connection : 512Kbps unlimited
Connection Type: PPOPE LLC

Problem: I can download stuff directly using DAP etc with a good speed of 58KBps, but when i download using a torrent (with good health) my speed doesnt go above 20KBps.....3-4 days back i was getting good speed in torrent but now this happened.....
I read that for best speed and to avoid NAT one should use BRIDGE CONNECTIOn......
I am using Azureus and Bitlord.....Azureus is showing the YELLOW NAT ICON (in the Health Column) and the download speed in both Azureus and Bitlord is bad....

So i want to Switch to the bridge connection.....
So please help me out guys.....please tell me what settings i have to do 1. in my PC and 2. in the ADSL modem page (192.168.1.1)....

I am a noob so please guide me step by step......

Thanks

try using DMZ instead of bridge mode.... DMZ is set quickly and can be removed as fast too. Find DMZ settings under ur modem firmware. put ur computers internal ip there.... usually...192.168.1.2:ashamed:

Can i setup DMZ connection for DSL-502T modemI want to go back to the default settings from bridge mode i am using DSL-502t modem and windows vista but 192.168.1.1 is not working for me anybody how can i get back to normal settings

reset the router it restores the settings to default.there wud a be asmall hole at the back which says reset.switch the router on and then press that button in the hole and wait for the lights to flash then restart router...now it shud be in factory defaults.😛

reset the router it restores the settings to default.
there wud a be asmall hole at the back which says reset.
switch the router on and then press that button in the hole and wait for the lights to flash then restart router...now it shud be in factory defaults.😛
k.... then will i be able to open 192.168.1.1 as the bridge mode won't work any longer have u tried it before

tried it tested it would be an understatement.Well lets just leave it at that.😛

So I finally changed the connection type to bridge using UT 300R2U guide......and i am able to access internet....But I still having the same NAT Problem in Azureus and Bittorrent.......I am still getting low download speed.......please what i have to do now .....😢

let me say this very clearly to you.....in bridge mode NAT is disabled.... so think about what u are claiming.Check firewall or configure ur torrent client😛

hehe.. As Mac said, you need not open any port if you bridge with your pc. Some firewall/internet security may be blocking it. can you see a green icon on the bottom? check firewall/internet security ! it has hardly to do with torrent client (unless you screwed it up) !

well reset got back to default settings but net is not working can u tell me the settings which i should use

@tufnut
Settings for DSL-502T modem. with screenshots.
D-Link Settings for Broadband
or this
2.Socrates?s experience: Configuring the D-Link 502T router for MTNL Broadband Do it yourself

or Everything!
3. Download
k.... got the net working but the net is not connected every time i have disable and then enable the connection to get it working and the modem won't start as it will just show power and nothing else i have to start it over and over again to get it working never seen this before its for the first time i am having such prob