BIG TV to offer programme recording service, 400 channels..

• Thread starter Thread starter shahrukh12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,251

shahrukh12

Regulars
ISP
bsnl
Source: The Economic Times

NEW DELHI: ADA Group's DTH service arm BIG TV plans to launch Digital Video Recorder service by year-end.

BIG TV President Arun Kapoor told PTI, "BIG TV would bring DVR service to the market by the end of this year."

DVR, which a allows viewers to record programmes on one channel while watching another and play the recording later, is said to be the next big thing in the evolving DTH market.

Tata Sky and Dish TV are bracing up to launch their DVR service around Diwali. They are readying the service to offer 140-160 hours of recording time. However, the set-top boxes with recording facility could cost anywhere between Rs 10,000 and Rs 15,000, depending on various schemes by DTH players.

BIG TV also plans to offer 200 more channels by the end of next year on its DTH platform, which is already offering 200 channels.

"We have currently eight transponders and will get four more shortly. By the end of 2009, we would launch 200 more channels, taking the total to 400," he said.

The company, which claimed that it had garnered a substantial marketshare since its launch in August-end, announced a three-month free subscription offer on its Rs 1,490 entry price to grab more customers. This is part of a slew of festive offers the company has launched to accelerate the growth momentum of DTH.

"The three-month free subscription offer makes BIG TV 33 per cent more affordable than any other comparative offer available in the market today," he added.

BIG TV also offers a scheme, in which a customer can get 12 months' free subscription pack at Rs 2,190 and a six-month premium pack with 120 movies free including installation for Rs 2,690.

REPLY!!! BUT WON'T U THINK THAT NEXT YEAR END 2009 IS TOO FAR..

Hi guys i have a doubt,pls tell me.How come they can add still 200 more channels?Already they are giving 200 channels in india and there maybe some channels left.And if they add that channels also it will come to total of 250 or 260(Its My guess).Then how can they add 400 channels?There are 400 important channels available in India?:S

in mpeg 2=we can able to store 12 to 14 channels per TPin mpeg 4=we can able to double the mpeg 2 channels that means 14*2=28 to 33 channels per TP big tv got 12 TPS that means 400/12=33.24 channels per TP

Ok arun robo,i am asking that,whether 400 channels available in India?I think u didnot read the last line of my previous reply.I am asking that there are 400 channels available in India?😀

Take a look at zipazap.com. They have about 300 channels listed there. Surely there are many local channels not on that list (example: NTV, TV5 etc among Telugu channels). So, 400 channels is not too far fetched.

Ok arun robo,i am asking that,whether 400 channels available in India?I think u didnot read the last line of my previous reply.I am asking that there are 400 channels available in India?😀

Hey man there are many sources. Channels doesnt need to be india. Look at the sources:

1. Movie On Demand Channels (Cinema Hall): Currently 32, they can make this 100 alone, and show the dam one movie for the whole month. No programming required.

2. Imported Channels: They can have imported channels like, ABC, TBS, DW ,Korea Channel, and many more

3. Local channels