Airtel Digital TV DTH: set top box support NTSC ?

I could not find a good solution yet. Though DishTV,Tata Sky,SUN cameup with HDMI STBs, I have been hearing that it will still not work with NTSC only 60Hz TV. The refresh rate has to be 50Hz on TV or the video output from the STB has to be 30fps.I am checking whether my TV anyway supports 50 as well as 60Hz refresh rate so that I can go ahead and buy any of the HD STB available in the market.Murali

Talked to a sun direct dealer yesterday . He said he ll provide an ntsc settop box upon payment of an extra 500 . He said he ll get the stock on thursday .

Hi Kamal,Did you get the ntsc stb from SUN ? Is it a STB with HDMI ? I am interested in it , if it has HDMI

I didnt get it yet. Dealer said currently they are running out of stock for ntsc stb . He said it ll take 15 more days . And it is not stb with hdmi.

Got SunDirect STB for my 40 inch Sony NTSC tv brought from US...working perfectly fine ..i havent installed any converters

Could you please let us know the STB model and make which works on NTSC tv

I will tell you about the model tommorow ...Currently i m out of stationBut the guy who installed it said that all the sun direct STB's have theoption to switch between NTSC and PAL . Checkout if some of your friends or relatives have a Sundirect STB .

In Sundirect , the STB are of 3 different companies . Among those , the STB from Coship Company works well with NTSC Tv . You need not have any other converters .

Hello,thanks for all above updates but just wanted to confirm Sun STB will solve the problem for LCD TV or not, I am bringing LCD TV from US, please let me know asap.Thanks in Advance

Coship company STB from Sundirect solved the problem for me . I didnt put any other converter . That particular STB has both NTSC and PAL output system.

Friends,I have Samsung LCD bought from US and its model# is LN40A650, it supports only NTSC.I tried with AirTel and local cable both failed!Now I'm gonna try with Sun DTH with Coship CDVB6750, please let know if this will work?Thanks!

Hi Guys, I have bought a samsung LED tV UN40D6000 from the US which supports only NTSC. I have a airtel digital STB when connected through HDMI cable it says " Video resolution not compatable " . When connected through the RYW cable I get the display in black and white. Can any of you please suggest which DTH service I should go with ? I called up the samsung engineer . He said you need to go with a STB having VGA port. I am not sure which one has . Any of your suggestions will be of great help !! you can also mail me on rajesh.talk@gmail.com . Thanks in advance !!! - Rajesh

Hey RajeshP,

did you find solution with your Samsung LED TV with airtel STB? I do have similar prob. Please let me know if you got solution.

Airtel HD Settop box works with US TVs with component cable (3 cables) and with setting 1080i.
With composite cable it gives only black and white.