Spam on Mobiles by Operators in India

• Thread starter Thread starter oldtimer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 54,613
its been at least three

i m glad that there are no such probs wit airtel postpaid which i use and i suggest u guyz to use dat only.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

^ you got your connection now only na? just wait for a few days. 😛

you got your connection now only na? just wait for a few days.
yes, almost a week ago.

Cell phone numbers get leaked from all kinds of sources, your bank, online movie ticket booking, flight PNR...All these lists are slod in market now a days, hard to get off of SMS spam these days.

Do pesky telemarketers call up you [COLOR=#0033cc! important][COLOR=#0033cc! important]mobile [COLOR=#0033cc! important]phone[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] to sell you car loans, credit cards or unbelievable deals for petty commissions. In a major initiative to stop telemarketing calls, the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has started the National Do Not Call Registry of India. Any [COLOR=#0033cc! important][COLOR=#0033cc! important]mobile[/COLOR][/COLOR] or landline subscriber who does not wish to receive telemarketing calls, can request their telephone number be included in the NDNC Registry. Here are some ways to block unsolicited calls from top mobile operators and private banks in India.
Join the Do Not Call Registry

The primary objective of the National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC Registry) is to curb Unsolicited Commercial Communication (UCC). The NDNC Registry will store a data base with all subscriber telephone numbers who opted for the service. The Telemarketer will have to verify their calling telephone numbers list with the NDNC registry before making a call or face a fine of Rs 500 per call/message and defaulter telemarketers might face disconnection of telecom service also.
Customers can make such requests free of cost. The telecom service provider will acknowledge the request within ten days. All promotional calls and messages to your phone will stop within 45 days from registration. Subscriber may confirm whether their number is included in the NDNC registry home page.
Stop Unsolicited Calls from Airtel
etc

can anyone tell me 8421 is the series of which operator and the location(circle)?? its very urgent and important friends so please help

Oh well, he just vanished last time when taking on tata. Dont know what was the outcome afterwards.

this surely suxs get lot of sms to buy property...on my airtel... use to get even crappier on my Vodafone.......do mobile repairing course :rofl: