• Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 4,192
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
ISP
Airtel Broadband + 4G and Voda 4G
Friends, After a little research I'v just purchased BlackBerry 8330 Curve from Reliance.

Only one sales guy was able to explain blackberry and was kind enough to check the store room in webworld for availibility.

But its painful to get this Activated, I already have 2 Post-Paid connections for more than last 2-3 yrs. now, One pre-paid connection,

Never paid late still they say someone would need to visit my place, verify my address to get the phone activated only then the BlackBerry Activation process would begin and can take another day.

Good knows when it would go LIVE. 😢

Anyway is there anyone using Reliance BlackBerry here ?
if yes, how is it going...

Oh finally my Blackberry curve on Reliance was activated.

It was a very tough screening done by them for my 3rd post-paid connection.
Once the phone was activated, I was very decent to wait for 24 hours as suggested by them before contacting the BB Support at Reliance Customer Care.

I dialed the BB support Number and it rejected my call as i was not yet BB enabled.

I called up *333 and asked about BB support, Once i was verified i was transferred to BB support Team.
The Guy was nice and was knoweldgeable, he said the request for your DATA PLAN has not yet reached us, Would you like to request it over phone, Ofcourse I agreed and he said, it would be done within next 24 hours.
I said ok, will wait another 24 hours, But wait....
As soon i dis-connected the call, I got a SMS, welcome to Blackberry.
And a couple of more messages confirming the service has been fully activated.

LIGHTNING FAST ACTIVATION

I quickly went to Blackberry signup page provided by reliance on blackberry site, and signed up.
I created myself a new mailbox @ reliance based blackberry URL, and then found two options.
1). enter login info for your existing mail account.
2). forward your mails you want to be pushed to your BB to the ID you have created while signing up.

Ofcourse i choose the second one, and to my shock as soon as forwarded a copy of my business email ID to this one, All mails are reaching me before my pop3 mail client pulls them from my server.

Advantages of using the Blackberry provided mailbox.
1). Forward mails are pushed to BB handset Instantly.
2). NO SPAM, even if it by-passes my server, Blackberry server filters all.
3). no worry about deleting a mail accidently, cause i still have a copy at my desktop.
4). outgoing mails can be configured to show your desired mail account name and address.

Another good thing i found was the Ability to remove the Text
"sent from Blackberry" which is certainly makes my business mail look the way it should be.

Also if you opt for plan 1099, which i've opted you get unlimited data transfer on any handheld based usages.

I get approx 300-400 mails a day and iam sure i have been missing this for years.

Thanks Reliance and Blackberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.