Formula-1 News and Updates

:ashamed::ashamed::ashamed::ashamed:

hurray!! let me try to explain in simple words how he got advantage.b4 cutting the curve, hamilton was abt 0.9 seconds behind which means abt 4-5 mtrs behind. what he did is cut the curve by NOT braking and overtake kimi. and then gave kimi position by going few inches behind and regain it back while kimi was still trying to gain his speed back.so hamilton clearly cut distance of 5mtrs to 5inches by cutting the curve. and hence rightly penalised.

hamilton wins but he cheated again by cutting at the corner as he did earlier races. but this time he gave back position but again he did it when he was almost at full speed and kimi was gaining speed (because kimi slowed correctly at curve) and hence hamilton almost immediately took position back.

hamilton knew he was wrong and it was so much in his mind that in post race conference he led the questioner to ask him question abt that cutting curve (he was actually trying to make ppl forget abt that corner but being a KID, led ppl to that question) and then questioner (who obviously was matured experienced guy asked him the same question) what big lie lewis said, \"i was ahead and kimi pushed me wide and i had no option but to cut the curve\"... a CLEAR BIG LIE! he kept smiling (smile one gives when lying) and didnt even make eye contact (guilty feeling inside)

i wud say if he wins championship it wud be a shame. he is good driver but no honesty.
I totaly agree..........I knew that when drills started to come that hamilton might do some thing silly and eventually that ruined kimi's race................If kimi used little bit of brain he would have won the race......but eventually rain spoiled kimi's chances of winning..........he drove brilliantly through out the race......and hamilton as you said amish by shortcuts he won the race and it was enquried by FIA officials and eventually then he was given 25 secs penalty that means he is now demoted to 3rd and this gives massa a huge chance to win the championships............

Last but not least hamilton won it shabbly and eventually got punished😡

Hamilton penalised, Massa handed win

Sunday, 07 September 2008 17:22

Lewis Hamilton has had his Belgian Grand Prix victory overturned by the stewards, handing the win to title rival Felipe Massa, who finished second on the road.
Hamilton was given a 25-second penalty for cutting the Bus Stop chicane during his wheel-to-wheel battle for the lead with Kimi Raikkonen during the closing laps.
Although the McLaren driver appeared to lift off and was repassed by Raikkonen on the exit of the corner, the stewards ruled that he had gained an advantage by short-cutting the circuit.
"The stewards, having received a report from the race director and having met with the drivers and team managers involved, have...determine a breach of the regulations has been committed by the competitor and impose the penalty referred to," said an FIA statement.
Hamilton was deemed to have "cut the chicane and gained an advantage", thereby breaching Article 30.3(a) of the sporting regulations and Appendix L chapter 4 Article 2 (g) of the International Sporting Code.
With 25 seconds added to his race time, Hamilton has dropped to third in the classification behind BMW Sauber’s Nick Heidfeld.
The decision brings about a six-point swing in Massa's favour in the championship standings, reducing Hamilton's lead from eight to two points.
Raikkonen crashed out of the race on the penultimate lap and is now 19 points behind Hamilton with five rounds remaining.

Revised Belgian Grand Prix result

1. MASSA Ferrari :cool2:
2. HEIDFELD BMW
3. HAMILTON McLaren* :hysterical:
4. ALONSO Renault
5. VETTEL Toro Rosso
6. KUBICA BMW
7. BOURDAIS Toro Rosso
8. WEBBER Red Bull
9. GLOCK Toyota*
10. KOVALAINEN McLaren
11. COULTHARD Red Bull
12. ROSBERG Williams
13. SUTIL Force India
14. NAKAJIMA Williams
15. BUTTON Honda
16. TRULLI Toyota
17. FISICHELLA Force India
R. RAIKKONEN Ferrari
R. BARRICHELLO Honda
R. PIQUET Renault
Hamilton penalised, Massa handed win - F1 | ITV Sport

McLaren to appeal Hamilton demotion

Sunday, 07 September 2008 20:02

McLaren has notified the FIA of its intention to appeal against Lewis Hamilton’s demotion from first to third place in the Belgian Grand Prix.
The championship leader lost his Spa victory after being handed a retroactive 25-second time penalty by stewards for cutting the Bus Stop chicane in the closing laps while battling with Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen.
The verdict dropped Hamilton behind main title rival Felipe Massa and BMW’s Nick Heidfeld in the final classification, reducing his drivers’ championship lead over Massa from eight to two points.
But on Sunday evening McLaren confirmed that it had registered its intention to fight the ruling, setting up the prospect of an FIA International Court of Appeal hearing in the coming weeks.
After consulting both McLaren and Ferrari in the hours following the race, stewards ruled that Hamilton had gained an advantage by short-cutting the circuit.
Although the British driver let Raikkonen back through to the lead of the race after rejoining the track, it is understood the stewards felt he had still benefited from going off-track as he repassed the Finn almost immediately at the La Source hairpin.
http://sam.itv.com/IMPCNT/ccid=13377/acc_random=5730108863/SITE=ITV/AREA=SPORT.FORMULA1.NEWS/POSITION=1/AAMSZ=300x250/RS=K0771910003.K0771910012.K0771910014.K0771910018.K0771910034.K0771910037.K0771910039.K0771910045.K0771910046.K0771910063.K0771910064.K0771910065.K0771910066.K0771910067.K0771910075.K0771910076.K0771910077.K0771910078./SEG=SPORT.FORMULA1/pageid=8878664874

In its defence McLaren cited data showing that, after lifting to let Raikkonen back through, Hamilton was 6km/h (4mph) slower than the Ferrari as they crossed the start/finish line.
A spokesman for the Woking team said that data left it with "no option" but to appeal the ruling.
"We looked at all our data and also made it available to the FIA stewards," the spokesman said.
"It showed that, having lifted, Lewis was 6 km/h slower than Kimi as they crossed the start/finish line.
"Having passed the lead back to Kimi, Lewis repositioned his car, moving across and behind Kimi to the right-hand line, and then outbraked him into the hairpin.
"Based on this data, we have no option other than to register our intention to appeal.
"We are a racing team and will now focus on Monza, with a view to extending our lead in the drivers’ world championship."

McLaren to appeal Hamilton demotion - F1 | ITV Sport

Kimi not ready to accept title defeat

Sunday, 07 September 2008 20:00

Kimi Raikkonen has refused to rule himself out of contention for the world championship despite another setback at the Belgian Grand Prix.
The Ferrari driver led the vast majority of the race before crashing out on the penultimate lap shortly after being passed for the lead by McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton.
Prior to the weekend Raikkonen admitted he needed to win at Spa to stay in the title race – but despite falling 19 points behind leader Hamilton the reigning champion is determined to keep a faint hope alive.
“I came here to win and I came close,” he said.
“It’s the second race in a row that I’ve failed to score points.
“Clearly the championship situation is what it is, but I’m not the sort to give up that easily.”
http://sam.itv.com/IMPCNT/ccid=13377/acc_random=3025298722/SITE=ITV/AREA=SPORT.FORMULA1.NEWS/POSITION=1/AAMSZ=300x250/RS=K0771910003.K0771910012.K0771910014.K0771910018.K0771910034.K0771910037.K0771910039.K0771910045.K0771910046.K0771910063.K0771910064.K0771910065.K0771910066.K0771910067.K0771910075.K0771910076.K0771910077.K0771910078./SEG=SPORT.FORMULA1/pageid=5458947367

Raikkonen’s race-ending crash occurred when he ran wide out of the fast Blanchimont corner and lost control on a damp patch as he rejoined.
“In the final laps the track conditions were very critical, and unfortunately I ran wide and when I tried to get back on track I spun and ended up in the wall,” he said.
“It was a shame because today the car was working really well.
“I got a good start and managed to pass Felipe [Massa] on the straight and then overtook Hamilton when he spun at the start of the second lap.
“On the soft tyres, I could run at a good pace, while the final set, the harder ones, was not quite there – definitely not as good in performance terms as those I’d used in the past couple of days – and the balance of the car was not as good as earlier.
“The arrival of the rain definitely did not help.
“In these conditions, if you are in front you have to be more cautious as you don’t know how much grip you’ll find in each braking area.
“That’s how Hamilton managed to close on me and then you all saw what happened.”
Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali added: “We are very disappointed for Kimi, who had driven a great race and deserved the win, especially at this rather difficult time.”
Kimi not ready to accept title defeat - F1 | ITV Sport

My heart really goes for kimi......atleast now he has answered all his critics that he is demotivated and so on............I am sure kimi will bounce back .......but i doubt whether he will be winning the title..........

From now on i would say that Massa has got a bit of luck and i believe, will give him 60% chance of winning the world title......even if hamilton wins world title i am least bothered as i would he is good driver but he always takes shortcut to win races in critical stages😡........still i could not forgot that it pit lane incident when he crashed his car to kimi as at that point of time kimi was challenging him for the world tilte and that would have him to crash kimi's car rather than kubica........and i really cant digest that incident😡...........

I am now confident that massa is the person who will win the world title this year.........😀

Ferrari did not protest Hamilton move

Sunday, 07 September 2008 21:29

Ferrari has revealed that it did not protest the incident that led to McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton being stripped of victory in the Belgian Grand Prix.
Felipe Massa inherited the win after Hamilton was demoted from first to third for cutting the Bus Stop chicane while racing Kimi Raikkonen – reducing the British driver’s world championship lead to two points.
But amid the controversy surrounding that decision, Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali made it clear that the Maranello squad did not instigate the stewards’ inquiry.
He said Ferrari only gave its opinion when it was summoned by the stewards after the race, and would make no comment on the ruling.
“I have often said that the race is not over until the official results are published and that was the case today,” said Domenicali.
http://sam.itv.com/IMPCNT/ccid=13377/acc_random=9899520956/SITE=ITV/AREA=SPORT.FORMULA1.NEWS/POSITION=1/AAMSZ=300x250/RS=K0771910003.K0771910012.K0771910014.K0771910018.K0771910034.K0771910037.K0771910039.K0771910045.K0771910046.K0771910063.K0771910064.K0771910065.K0771910066.K0771910067.K0771910075.K0771910076.K0771910077.K0771910078./SEG=SPORT.FORMULA1/pageid=6761200443

“As usual, Ferrari will not comment on the stewards’ decision.
“After the race, we were called to the stewards and we explained our position.”
The penalty rescued an otherwise disappointing day for Ferrari, on which Massa was unable to match Hamilton and Raikkonen crashed out on a damp track shortly after losing the lead to the McLaren driver.
“This result is obviously very important for our championship hopes,” said Domenicali.
“Now we must maintain maximum concentration and prepare as well as possible for the forthcoming races, starting at Monza where we will be racing in front of our home fans.
“We will also need their support at such a delicate point in the season.”
Ferrari did not protest Hamilton move - F1 | ITV Sport

kimi spun 2nd time because it was wet road already, once kimi was out even hamilton slowed heavily(so he too doesnt slip). had there been 1 more lap, heidfeld wud have won the race and alonso 2nd, because they both switched to wet tyres in last lap and jumped from 7 to 3rd and 8 to 4th in just last 30seconds!
Thats really a good move by BMW and Renault. It would have been great if Kimi also done the same:rofl:.......he would have easily won the race......who know when kimi enters the pit lane to change the tyres......hamilton might have also come behind kimi and would have crahsed kimi from behind in the pitlane in eagerness to win the race:hysterical:

Not crashing out ... I was referring tht he wanted to win at all cost ... He knew it was imp for him ... Anyways I guess it all over for kimi for this season .. Hope Massa can do something now 😀
Into the second of my F1 TV viewing first time i came to know how can kimi drive a car and eagerness to win the race.........it was terrific........😀

What will asdfgf do now........😢............

The gud feeling of mine says that this years title is for Massa.............:dance:

well, Ferraris are ruling F1 management and decisions,thats for sure.... 25 seconds penalty is just too much and I feel sorry for Hamilton. If Massa wins Title, that was all because of cheating of FIA...

well, Ferraris are ruling F1 management and decisions,thats for sure.... 25 seconds penalty is just too much and I feel sorry for Hamilton. If Massa wins Title, that was all because of cheating of FIA...
If ferrrari wanted to influence FIA then i think they should have discarded even his 3rd place too........i think they gave 25 sec penatly as a drive through penatly...........even if hamilton had brain i am sure he would have won the race comfortably rather than those shabby moves to over take kimi.......any way i am happy that he got penalised:thumbsup:.

In the press conference he was saying that it would been difficult to beat kimi or overtake kimi and he was hoping that rain comes to take some advantage over kimi which paid off to him and he done it in wrong way

last year Alonso and Hamilton kept fighting and Kimi came from behind in took away trophy. looks like this year Kimi and Hamilton kept fighting and Massa wud runaway with trophy!

Because of Hamilton Kimi has lost 2 races ........and i think kimi is aware of and i think at some point time i am sure kimi will definetly will make an accident to hamiltons car at some point of time........dont forget kimi is cable doing of that......and i hope he does it once and ruin hamiltons chance of winning the title........ What do you say amish

last year Alonso and Hamilton kept fighting and Kimi came from behind in took away trophy. looks like this year Kimi and Hamilton kept fighting and Massa wud runaway with trophy!

he he.. right..

I saw the Race again today , and I must admit that It was Hamiltons mistake in cutting the curve, actually Kimi did nothing wrong there. So Hamilton deserved the penalty but 25 seconds is really harsh.

25 secs is nothing but i think its normal time will be taken for a drive through penalty i believe