BSNL DataOne: I am here to help

• Thread starter Thread starter kambui
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 523
  • Views Views 131,533
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt knew they helped people in patching the connections. By default all the connections are port-bound. Means it can be accessed from the corresponding phone line only. In here, a written request is to be submitted, to unbind the account from the phone line. So i guess there is no need for approaching a corrupt official regarding this. U can contact the exchange and give them a request for the same. It has to be on the exchange, it cannot be done on the subscriber premises or on the CPE.

Well I really want to make Dataone section of this forum popular.

I can provide you all with any help .......Now y ask me? Answer: 1) I think I am the oldest in this connection 2nd Feb 05 ( there may be other but i don't know any)
2)I have dealt with 6 types of dataone connection ( even a @ 2MBPS one) thats why i have see all types of modem supplied by dataone.
3) I am a hardware professional ( bit of networking)
4)BUT above all I will stick to this connection in future 😀

Any new or old dataone users can contact me through this forum by posting and i will try to answer your queries.You can also PM me but i prefer posting because every one can see it then.

Please don't ask any illegal favours. I had some situation where users were asking me USER ID's and PASSword of other user.....PLZ DON"T do that!!!

hi kambui,Really nice to find u. can u please tell me what is the Architecture of Bsnl dataone, i mean how it really works.? i think u got the question..what is the network diagram of bsnl dataone networks.i'll be very great full to u..if u answer to itbye looking forward for ur answer

I can provide you all with any help .......Now y ask me? Answer: 1) I think I am the oldest in this connection 2nd Feb 05 ( there may be other but i don't know any)
2)I have dealt with 6 types of dataone connection ( even a @ 2MBPS one) thats why i have see all types of modem supplied by dataone.

Sigh, guess I missed you, but would not boast too much since you are the oldest is this connection. A bit about me.

I started off with a bbs (bulletin board service) that used to get connected to `compuserve' using a ISD connection way back in 1993 (before even dial-up net was here). I am the 10th customer of VSNL in kolkata, when they started the country's first internet service (15th of August 1995)... remember? 😕

Throughout my journey, I have used connections of vsnl, satyam, dishnet (later taken over by tata to start the broadband service of vsnl), caltiger, bsnl, airtel, alliance (guess that makes it 7). omg, i just recalled, i have left my first hard drive (a massive 20mb one) at my in-laws.. have to get it back tomorrow.. thanks for pushing me back to the past :rofl:

Try to locate the first syadmin of vsnl (baidyanath chatterjee) and he might tell you a bit more about me... did i forget to mention that my first modem was a 12kbps one? :yahoo:

@pupudadaseems @kambui has left this forum. May have gone abroad. No PM possible. No email address. @seshu any idea about kambui ?

I joined on 2nd January 2008. On the usage portal they are showing only for 3rd January 2008. In the unbilled section they have shown some usage(other than the unlimited happy hours) with some amount. I presume that we are allowed 2.5 GB data. So why are they showing these amounts? Another thing:Will they not show our usage everyday? Really government machinery moves damn slowly.

i have bsnl home 900 plani want to open an ftp site using xlightftpd softwaremodem - ut300r2uwith bridge mode please help me to configure my modem????i am nmew to all this!!!!

hi,I am still not able to see my usage after 1st january......Only upto 1st jan is shown....I have contacted & mailed every bsnl office......No body know anything......What to do??I have 500C planI got connection on 27 dec 07 with new range of IP and the new portal...

I'm closing this thread because it is so huge now that is not very helpful at all. Searching through 53 pages of a myriad of questions and answers is cumbersome and time consuming.To new users, please search the forum for existing topics which might already be related to your question (or which might even have the answer to your question) before starting a new thread.This section of the forum has become popular, so kambui's initial goal has been achieved - thanks 🙂Please let me know if there are any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.