BroadBand Services - PUNE - katraj - bibwewadi area

• Thread starter Thread starter idea
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 25,103
Ok mates ... Landline + broadband is installed .... i think they took ... 12 days for installations !! good enough for bsnl .... will check up speed and all now ..

Relax dude.
To avoid sleepless nights for downloading, first of all you need to set your conection to bridge mode. That is what i had told u already before. Did you get it that way from your installation guy then ?

If not then you will have to do it. Steps to do differ from the make of your modem. If you are using D-Link, then i can help you. 😗

Ad forget abt any script, there are many ready to use to softwares for managing night downloads. One i am using is Free Download manager.
Free Download Manager - absolutely free download accelerator and manager
But before that as i told you, you need to set your connection in bridge mode.:cool2:

infact this bsnl guy came in when i was in office .. so i dont know if it is in bridge mode or so ....... how to check it ??

i am using modem from bsnl ..UTSTARCOM WA3002G4

Also i am facing one more problem ...

This is really strange. Need your help ..

i am not able to login to config console of WA3002G4 using h**p://192.168.1.1

i got it installed today itself and bb is working absolutely fine .....

when i try to use h**p://192.168.1.1 from browser .. it says page cant be displayed ...

WA3002G4 ---> is just 1 day old at my place 😉

please help .. as i need to reset pass for wifi.

Sorry dude, i cant help you with that make of model. So you have option to call back that installation guy on his cell (hope you have his contact), and seek help on cell to set your connection to bridge mode (assuming it is not already).Or may be guyz like essbebe and others reply here.

yeah i do have his mob no ..... but u know how supportive these guys are ...

mine one was very friendely. Infact i bugged him a lot. He used to call me daily, shud i come today, and i was like very busy those days and kept him hanging. And also i was supposed to keep internal wiring ready b4 he arrive, but i didn't and started doing it when he came with his help only. :rofl: BTW, at least u can give it a try. Call him and confirm which mode is your connection. BRidge or PPPOE, at least that is in your rights. If it is in bridge mode, then well and good. But if its not in, then tell him this pppoe mode has some problems, and tell him to set it up in bridge mode as it is in your needs of usage.BTW, in bridge mode, one needs to dial a connection (dialler of os) with username and password feeded. And pppoe mode you dont need any such dialler. So how do you connect to internet ?

mine one was very friendely. Infact i bugged him a lot. He used to call me daily, shud i come today, and i was like very busy those days and kept him hanging. And also i was supposed to keep internal wiring ready b4 he arrive, but i didn't and started doing it when he came with his help only. :rofl:

BTW, at least u can give it a try. Call him and confirm which mode is your connection. BRidge or PPPOE, at least that is in your rights. If it is in bridge mode, then well and good.
But if its not in, then tell him this pppoe mode has some problems, and tell him to set it up in bridge mode as it is in your needs of usage.

BTW, in bridge mode, one needs to dial a connection (dialler of os) with username and password feeded. And pppoe mode you dont need any such dialler. So how do you connect to internet ?

oh currently i need to use dialer ... so connection is not always ON ...

i think it is pppoe mode ....

i heard that ... in order to have proper billing you have to actually reset modem after 2 am rather than just start downloading after 2 am ....is it ture??

Since u said, connection is not allways ON, and u need to use a dialler to get connected, then it is bridge mode for sure.

Your dialler properties-- Options, should look like this. So that the software can dial the connection after 2, anytime u set.
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9397/dpropdg7.jpg

Download the software from here.
Free Download Manager - absolutely free download accelerator and manager

After installation, you can see scheduler tab as in pic. You will have to schedule it , like i have done, dial the connection at 2.15am, launch utorrent at 2.16am, and shutdown the pc at 7.50.
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4331/fdmsu6.jpg

With these settings i download gigs of data daily without awaking. And i get fair bills.
If you want you can play safe and try one night being awake, how does it works. And then start using it.
Or else you have option of being awake daily for downloading. 😛

Oh this is just great ... Thanks a lot for all this info and your time ... really appreciated ....Just one doubt .. i have read it somewhere .. to avoid any billing issues .. it is advisable to reboot modem after 2 am ... is it true?Now we are on same plan and almost in same area ... what is ur download speed ... mine is around 200-225 ...

^^Dude, If you were supposed to reboot the modem, then obviously u are supposed to be awake. Then what is the use of using this setting if u were to awake to reboot modem ? Have not yet realised, that we are doing this to avoid reboot, and eventually avoid being awake like owl ?If you have done following things as i said, then no need to reboot the modem.1. Your connection should be in bridge mode, and u use dialler to get connected to internet. Your connection is not supposed to be allways ON(i.e PPPOE mode).2. Properties of the dialler should be as shown in figure.3. Scheduling the Free download manager (fdm) as shown in figure. Make sure you schedule 15 mins after 2, to play safe.4. So before you sleep, your dataone connection is to be OFF, utorrent should be OFF(i.e not launched), and FDM should be ON with proper schedule. Not to tell you that torrent files that u wish to download should be loaded in utorrent already. i.e ofcurs common sense.You dont miss out on any of those points, and you will never get unfair bills.Speed i get is average of 240 kbps. May vary though for quality of torrent.

Well we can ALSO auto mate reboot of router .. and need not have to stay awake @ 2 am ....

This is something i found on net ....

Open IE7
Enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit enter.
When prompted enter Username "admin" and Passowrd as "admin" (or whatever you have saved previously)
Make sure you select "Remember my password" ( this is very important step)
Click OK and let the page load completely.
Now close the browser window.

Open IE7 again.
Go to Tools>Internet Options>General>Homepage
Enter "http://192.168.1.1/rebootinfo.cgi" into address bar (remove previously saved home page URL if you prefer) and click Apply and then OK.
Press F5 and wait for few seconds and check if the modem reboots.(how to check: DSL, Internet and WLAN lights on the modems front panel go off one by one and come back momentarily)
Close IE7.

We can automate this using FDM !!😛

here is final version ...

http://www.imgx.org/view/full/26308_cpjkz

also i neeed not have to be awake to check if it works ...i just have to change my clock to 2 am for checking purpose !!

I have never rebooted router. Only thing fdm does is dials the connection which is initially disconnected at the scheduled time. Reboot of router is a must step if the connection is in PPPOE mode.

😀 you mite be right ..i am just trying to be on safer side ... 😀😀I really appreciate info/help given by you towards BSNL selection and everything ...:thumb: i am happy with my decision ...

@ PUNE-BIBVEWDI -BSNL BB users

in last 2 days .. my connection is too slow. as speedtest.net.

d/l 565Kbps (earlier it was 1800)

is it same with you?